Followers

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Trick or Treat for Freshly Made Sketches.....

Hello Everyone: I'm back with another sweet House Mouse card to participate in the 200 sketch challenge celebration for Freshly Made Sketches . I've been blogging since December of last year but even more recently than that, I started participating in several challenges, which helped me gain confidence about sharing my cards with not only my dear card swapping friends and my family but with all of you wonderful people out there in the card making world.
Here is the card I made to help celebrate this mile stone for FMS.
I adore this little mice, (secretly, I wish they live in my house). This image is so cute and so sweet that it was joyful to color. I use Prismacolor pencils and paper stumps dipped in baby oil, which when applied to the image, blends the colors beautifully. On my last post,  a dear friend asked me about this paper stumps and wanted to know where to get them, you can really get them at any craft store but I got them at Amazon, they are not that expensive at all.
I hope you like this card, I know Halloween is a couple of months away but I'm getting ahead in my card making for it, this card is for my 10 y/o granddaughter Anastasia.
Thank you for visiting and for your comments, I love reading them, and as always, if you have any questions, please ask me.  
This is the sketch that inspired this card, I just used it horizontally. Till next time
Hugs from Maria.
 

17 comments:

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is too cute! I especially love the little dragon suit the one on the left is wearing! Thanks for joining in our 200th challenge at FMS this week!

Unknown said...

Maria, this scene is so precious! You put so much joy into your coloring and card making. I know that your granddaughter will love receiving this card. Thanks for sharing!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Narelle, it's my pleasure to join in the 200 Sketch Celebration for Freshly Made Sketches.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, this little mice are always a joy to color.

*Vicki* said...

You've done SUCH an amazing job coloring with your pencils!! LOVE this fun image and the colors are so perfect for Halloween!! :) Wonderful make and I love the meeces!!! Thanks for sharing!

Sonny said...

How adorable ! This is perfect for your GD . I know she will love it !
Believe me when I tell you that this is the only kind of mice you want at your house ! Not my favorite animal !! My suggestion would be if you choose to have mice is get a BIG CAT !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Vicki, coloring with pencils is my other favorite technique, fun and easy.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! Sonny, this little mice are so darn adorable that I'm sure my kitty and them would become friends.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so adorable! I have mice in my house (!) but they are not nearly as cute as these! Nice coloring! Thanks so much for joining us for our 200th challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

EEKKK!! Aww!! I love little mice, even if they are not as cute as these, LOL!!
Thank you for your sweet comment Jen, I love participating at Freshly Made Sketches. Looking forward to the next one.

Linda Callahan said...

Well these are two adorable critters! Adorable Halloween card.....and beautifully colored! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches to celebrate our 200th!

Patti Willey said...

Don't you find coloring so therapeutic! It's been a while since I've used my pencils I really should return to this medium soon! Love the little trick o treaters they are just adorable!

Rosanne Mulhern said...

Maria, this is another adorable HM card. Those little mice are hard to resist. I've read that you used the baby oil technique before and I am intrigued. I am off the the craft store to buy stumps to try this. Thanks, always, for your inspiration.

Darnell said...

Good for you to get ahead and be making Halloween cards, Maria! This one is fabulous and I know your granddaughter will love it! I love your coloring of the sweet HM image and how you have showcased it!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Maria, such a sweet card! I love your coloring and I am going to check out those stumps tomorrow. I love to color. It's so calming to me. I just bought some Gelatos? Not sure how they work either but I'm going to give them a try. I suspect after Friday I will have more time to play. Can't wait. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration. Hugs 😍

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Maria, such a sweet card! I love your coloring and I am going to check out those stumps tomorrow. I love to color. It's so calming to me. I just bought some Gelatos? Not sure how they work either but I'm going to give them a try. I suspect after Friday I will have more time to play. Can't wait. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration. Hugs 😍

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Maria, such a sweet card! I love your coloring and I am going to check out those stumps tomorrow. I love to color. It's so calming to me. I just bought some Gelatos? Not sure how they work either but I'm going to give them a try. I suspect after Friday I will have more time to play. Can't wait. Thanks for the beautiful inspiration. Hugs 😍