Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Homemade goodness for Power Poppy.....

Hello dear friends: Today I have a card I want to share with you for the Power Poppy Happy World Card Making Day, which was last Saturday, October 3rd.  So, to honor this world wide day for card makers, Power Poppy has a sketch challenge for us to play with.  Our cards must be a Holiday card, done with non traditional colors and have some bling or sparkle on it.
This card was made with an old Flourishes stamp set called "Fresh Baked", here is my card.
This card took some doing, specially because of all the different elements. I didn't want to put a doily in there so I remember I had this ancient Fiskras round punch so that's what I used for the  half circle but I couldn't find the instructions on how to use it so I just winged it, LOL!! Now, the colors are as non traditional as I could come up with, the bright pink of the egg bowl is done with my aqua painter and my SU Raspberry Bliss ink pad, I used my Tempting Turquoise SU marker for the cookie plate, the sugar container was colored with SU Certainly Celery, green I know but not very dark, the yummy pie has some More Mustard and, of course, Cherry Cobbler for the oozing cherry filling, the rolling pin has a bit of So Saffron, More Mustard and Real Red, I used a piece of Lily of the Valley DSP (one sided) in Lilac, some purple and green CS for the banners and the card base and some pretty ribbon in pinks and soft greens from my bottomless ribbon drawer.
Here is a close up of the sparkle on the cookies, I used Crystal Effects and then sprinkle some fine glitter on them.
I added a little bit of Crystal Effects to the Cherry Pie, to make it look like it's fresh out of the oven.
So I hope you like this card, it's yummy looking and it invites you to take advantage of this beautiful Autumn weather and bake.
Here is the banners that inspired this card.
Thank you so much for visiting, I love to read your comments and, if you have any questions, I'm here to help.
Till next time, Happy Stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

11 comments:

  1. Love your card! Flourishes are some of my favorite stamps and you have used these beautifully. Love all the details and coloring with some great sparkle. Thanks for stopping by my studio with tips on photographing sparkle. Hugs, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by today Theresa, I'm so glad to find another Flourishes fan. I hope my tip on photographing Wink of Stella works for you.
      Hugs.

      Delete
  2. That cherry pie looks good enough to eat! So do the copies you know I'm a fan of cookies!! I hope the Power Poppy Design Team enjoy this nostalgic stamp of Marcella's! Pretty pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cookies! Not copies! Darn auto correct!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got you my friend, LOL!! I also hope that, when Marcy looks at this card, it will bring sweet memories to her. She is a sweet and wonderful and fabulous artist.

      Delete
  4. fresh baked and a delicious design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary, the season of baking is here.

      Delete
  5. Maria, this card is a keeper for sure! I love the way you mixed the images to make one grand (and delicious looking) scene! Way to improvise too with the use of your punch for the circle! Fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us gals over at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, this is a much loved image and I enjoyed every minute I spent creating this card. I love playing along with you guys over at Power Poppy.

      Delete

I want to thank you for stopping by, I always read all the comments you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Maria.