Followers

Friday, December 18, 2015

Toys for Tots.....and for CASology.....

Hello everyone: This week over at the CASology challenge blog the Cue Card is TOY so, I went looking for a stamp set with toys and I found this one..... the retired Stampin Up! 2009-2010, adorable "Teddy and Train", I think I only own two sets with toys but I chose this set for my card.

I stamped the image onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored the little train with SU markers, for the teddy bear I used Prismacolor pencils and paper stumps dipped in baby oil. 
I scored the panel on all four sides to add a bit of texture, I like how this frames my images.
The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set called "Baby Love". 
Here is a picture of the inside.
The sentiment here is from Stampabilities, I used SU Hello Honey ink to stamp it, the little baby rattle is from the same SU set and it's stamped with Wild Wasabi ink. 
Here is the banner that inspired this card.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

11 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Maria this landed in my Email! Maybe Blogger is fixed now! Adorable children images here! That Teddy Bear is a "doll"!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Woo Hoo!! Oh Patti, thank you for letting me know you received this notification.
I love this set, it's so old, 2009-2010 SU catalog, I've made a bunch of baby cards and baby shower cards with it, it's always a hit.

Sonny said...

Sooooo adorable and colored soooo soft and just perfect for a baby bear !!
I received this link also in my email this morning !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Sonny, so happy you got this post too!! When I was coloring this images I decided to do it in very soft shades, I used very little of the markers and blend it with water.

Lisa said...

Oh how simply adorable and precious is that teddy and colorful train! Love it! Any child would love to play with those toys. Your link arrived in my mail also.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, I'm so glad this little blog is back to normal, whatever that is.
This is such an endearing set, six years to be exact, just so adorable.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I meant to say it's 6 years old.

Mary Fish said...

Hard to decide which I love more . . . the sweet teddy bear or the darling sentiment on the interior.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I think both elements fit each other beautifully.

Joyce said...

This is so cute. Love that cuddly teddy and all his fun toys. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Joyce, I love this stamp set, it's just perfect for babies.