Followers

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Guest Designer for Retro Rubber.....

Hello everyone: I'm thrilled to tell you that I was invited to be a guest designer at the Retro Rubber Challenge for this week, so it's my honor and joy to share this card with you today.




One of the many fun things about this challenge is that you get to give your old, retired, maybe even forgotten and neglected stamps a chance to shine once again.  This particular image is from Flourishes, a company that closed it's doors maybe 3 years ago, the stamp set is called, "A Token of my Affection" and I just love all the images in it, this little love struck robot is just so darn sweet.
I stamped this image onto Canson water color paper, that I die cut with Spellbinders Floral Ovals  and colored it with the aqua painter and SU markers in Basic Gray, and a little bit of Regal Rose, I applied a little silver gel pen to the screws and ''hands'', then, I punched some hearts using red foil card stock with the SU retired Pinking Heart Corner Punch, I love the teeny, tiny perfect hearts that you get from this punch. The heart flowers were punched with the heart in the Owl Builder punch from SU and the heart in the token with the SU small heart punch.
The strip of DSP is from Lili of the Valley "Butterfly Kisses" 8x8 paper collection, now sadly retired. I used the SU retired Scalloped Dotted Ribbon Punch on black card stock for the strip separating the two panels.

Here is a close up of the little punched hearts.



And of the white embossed sentiment.


This is a picture of the finished inside, I'm keeping my resolution of finishing the inside of all my cards before I post them, I know it will save me a ton of time when it's time to send them on their way to family and friends.



And here is the sketch that inspired this card.



Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




21 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Super cute Bot for Valentines! And I love your designer paper here, so sweet! Congratulations on your Guest Designer Spot!

Lisa said...

Such a fun card. I adore the love meter in front. Kudos on your guest spot.

Debbie Mageed said...

WOW! I have never seen a cuter Valentine's card! That lovestruck robot is adorable! You added just the right touch so the robot draws you in. Those tiny hearts - incredible! I have never seen those before and they are perfect for this card. Wonderful card, Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, this little love struck robot really melts your heart.
I'm loving my Guest Spot in this fabulous challenge blog.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, the love meter with it's little heart is just so sweet.
It's loads of fun to be a Guest Designer on this awesome challenge blog.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Debbie, I love all the images on this super sweet set. The teeny, tiny hearts are done with this retired SU corner punch but I've never used it as that, I use it most of all for those adorable and perfectly punched hearts.

Sonny said...

Love this cute tin fella ! Such a cute card !
Super yay for you on being a Guest Designer on Retro Rubber !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, he is so darn cute. I love being a guest designer, it's challenging but loads of fun.

Unknown said...

He is sooo cute ! And congratulations ! I want to play along... Hugs

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita, please play along, I would love to see your cards on the gallery.

Neva Cole said...

Love your take on the sketch. The robot is very cute! It is great to have you as a guest designer this week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Neva, this little robot is indeed adorable.

Katy McGloin said...

Maria, your attention to detail is phenomenal! I adore (as everyone else) the robot with his lovestruck eyes and hearts aplenty! Your coloring always shines, my friend! It is a pleasure to share this challenge with you as our guest designer!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, I really love the punch that creates this teeny, tiny hearts, they are the perfect size for cards.
I'm so thrilled to be the Guest Designer on this fabulous challenge blog.

Christine Traversa said...

There are so many wonderful elements on this card! Love your creativity! Happy early Valentine's Day!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Maria! I just love this card! How can you go wrong with Rosie from the Jetsons! Your coloring is always so beautiful and your cards well thought out with amazing attention to detail! Thank you for being our guest designer at Retro Rubber!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Christine, Valentine's Day will be here soon so I was happy to add this card to my stash.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh Jane, you just sent me on a trip down memory lane, I remember the Jetsons, how sweet of you to mention Rosie.
I love being the guest designer at Retro Rubber.

Claire Grantham said...

Great card Maria and fab to have you with us as a Guest Designer this time. I love the robot and you are right, the challenge is great for digging out the forgotten and formerly loved stamps. Claire DT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Claire, the fact that you can use really old, old stamps and products is one of the aspects that attracted me to Retro Rubber. Love being a guest stamper.

Unknown said...

I made it ! My card is on the challengeblog now :)