Followers

Sunday, January 31, 2016

Under the Weather?.....

Hello everyone: This week the new challenge at "Less is More" is "DOWN UNDER".  I must confess I was a bit stumped at first but then I got it!!! Their guest designer is Kylie and she is from Australia so, in her honor, this is the theme.
So I thought and I thought and then it came to me, how about going a bit outside the box and make a card like this one?

Ok, so this card has nothing to do with beautiful Australia, right? My idea on this card is feeling "UNDER THE WEATHER" and, trying to keep with the theme, I did used the colors of Australia's sports teams, (got the idea from Hannelie from Dessert Diva , thanks Hannelie).
This image is from House Mouse Designs  and it's called "Mouse Drops". I stamped it onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored it with the aqua painter and SU markers in Bashful Blue, Not Quite Navy, Garden Green, More Mustard, Chocolate Chip and Basic Gray. The sentiment is from SU Teeny Tiny Wishes.


Gosh, you can tell that this little mouse is totally feeling Under the Weather, so badly that he is willingly taking a drop of that green medicine, I do hope it tastes like limeade.
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


The sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Curly Cute", I love the font on all 4 images.
Thank you for stopping by, I hope you go take a look at the "Less is More" blog and give this fun challenge a try, this theme can be really interpreted in a lot of ways.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


17 comments:

Sonny said...

You realize of course that your House Mouse critters are the only mice I like !!
Cute idea and clever ! The coloring is awesome !
Great card !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Yes my friend, I know this little mice are the only ones you tolerate to pop into your house, LOL!!
Sonny, each time I make a card with them, I think of you. This was a fun challenge to figure out, I have more ideas for later.

Gerrina said...

So good that you came up with something alse as the abvious things! Perfect for the LIM-hallenge! So sweet and so beautifully coloured!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Gerrina, once I had the idea I reached for this stamp, if anybody is feeling UNDER the Weather is that little mouse.

Laurie Unger said...

So cute and creative!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Laurie.

Mary Fish said...

I love these "meeces" to pieces!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! me too, Mary, thank you for stopping by.

Anne said...

What a clever take on Down Under and an adorable meeces card!
Thank you for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anne, love this little meeces!!

Kathyk said...

Super idea to incorporate the Oz colours in to your "under the weather" card - with fab results

Kathyk

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Kathyk, so glad you stopped by.

Chrissie said...

Great cards Maria, and a fab take on the challenge theme!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Chrissie, this challenge theme was fun and gave us a chance to get creative.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Hey that's simply too cute and clever! Love your fun theme for Down Under and thanks so much for playing along this week!
Sarah xx
Less is More

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sarah, I just wanted to kind of go out of the box with this cute image.

Neets B said...

That image is simply adorable and a very clever use of it for our challenge. Perfect scene for a get well card.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More