Followers

Thursday, March 3, 2016

CAS Tulips for Friends.....

Hello everyone: I have a card I made for the CAS Colours and Sketches Challenge #163, here is my card.

This beautiful Tulip is from a retired Flourishes stamp set called "Tulips for Friends", I stamped it onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored it with my aqua painter and SU markers in Real Red, Garden Green and Chocolate Chip. 
The challenge consists of 3 colors, Real Red, Mint Macaroon and Cucumber Crush, I used the Garden Green to color the leaves, the frame around this beautiful bloom is cut out of Mint Macaroon CS. The sentiment is from the same set and it's stamped in Real Red ink.
I added some Rhine Stones in a color that is very close to Cucumber Crush, the rules of this challenge is that, if you do not have this specific colors of the challenge, you can substitute with a color that resembles the one they ask for, which I think it's really fabulous.
Here is a picture of the finish inside.


Here is a picture of the stamp sets I used, just so you can see how they look like, they've been loved for a long time.
This picture is looking outside my window onto the back yard, it's snowing, (sigh!)
I used the little tulips on the left side to embellish the inside of my card. This is another beautiful set by Flourishes.
And here are the colors from CAS Colours and Sketches.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



14 comments:

Sonny said...

Pretty color combo and your coloring adds so much .
These stamps are just lovely !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks my friend, I only had the Real Red marker but it worked great for this Tulip.

Jane said...

Love that tulip stamp and how it shows the bulb and roots. Fab use of the colours, thanks for playing at CC&S.

Patti Willey said...

Maria just to let you know this is not landing in my mail subscription, I figured I better come find you! Lovely Flourishes sets here, those tulips in the pitcher are precious too!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jane, the colors of the challenge were just perfect for this image, I have a bunch of red tulips that are still sleeping under the snow, I can't wait till they start blooming.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you my friend, both this sets are truly lovely.
And thank you also for letting me know about this problem, I'll try to find out what is happening.

karen h said...

Very pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, Karen.

Skylark said...

Lovely botanical stamp Maria and super colouring. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Stef x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Skylark, the colors of this challenge worked beautifully for my card.

Beverley said...

Such a pretty card and beautifully coloured. I love how loved your stamps are too :) Thanks for playing along at CC&S this week. Hugs Bev x

Unknown said...

Beautiful stamp, beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining us at CC&S this week. Caro x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Beverley, I've had this stamp sets for years and it's always like I'm using them for the first time.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Caro, I enjoyed taking part in this challenge at CC&S. Looking forward to the next one.