Followers

Friday, March 11, 2016

CAS with a Yellow Twist.....

Hello everyone: I've been feeling a bit more comfortable with my CAS cards, I admit it took me a bit to get used to leaving all the "white space" that it's required for this style but, as of now, I've been having a lot of fun and have claimed several awards from CAS challenges.
The March challenge over at STAMPLORATIONS is once again, "Anything CAS Goes" with the optional color twist of YELLOW this time so, I took the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches and created this card to combine both challenges.

The flower is from SU "Flower Shop" stamp set and it's stamped onto a piece of Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored with SU markers in Daffodil Delight and More Mustard. The flourishes are done with a die but unfortunately, I don't remember where are they from, I apologize for that. The "hi" sentiment is a punch from Uchida and it's super old, I love that it punches and embosses the paper at the same time.
Here is a close up of this very cute punch.


And here is a picture of the finished inside, both the sentiment and the flower are from a retired SU set called "Happiness Shared", just so beautiful.


Here are the banners that inspired my card.


Here is a picture of the stamp set I used for the inside.

Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.








12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful card! Love how you colored the flower and added that great flourish! Cute little die cut! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Linda, I really loved this sketch, it gave me the idea to use this super cute punch.

Sonny said...

Pretty card and the color is so vivid . I think this could be a card design for multi events .

Aileen said...

Very, very nice CAS card Maria. Love everything about it. Wonderful little sentiment punch, really cute. Beautiful flower.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, I love this stamp/punch set, this flowers are so pretty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, that sentiment punch.....I wish they still made them!!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love how you colored the flower and added the pretty die cut vines.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you JoAnn, I always incorporate my water colored images, whether it's a CAS card or not.
I was going to stamp the leaves but the die cuts are so much prettier.

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great take on the sketch! I love the deep colors of the yellow flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Jen, I'm glad I was able to combine two great challenges.

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is really lovely! Your flower is a standout and i love the flourish you've added. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week!

Toni said...

I'm so glad you're becoming more comfortable with CAS--your card is gorgeous! thanks for sharing with us!

Toni
Stamplorations CAS DT