Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Come in, the water's great!!!!!

Hello everyone: This is my second post for today, sometimes I get the good old MOJO flowing so I take advantage. When I saw the inspiration photo at the Merry Monday Challenge and the request for us to go TROPICAL with our Christmas cards, my mind rushed to the adorable and sadly retired SU "Snow Day" stamp set from the 2013-2014 Holiday Mini. I had so much fun building up this card.


Ok, the challenge photo showed a snowman made with sand so I totally went in that direction. I stamped this image with SU Baked Brown Sugar ink with a "second generation" stamping, so the color wouldn't be so dark, then the hunt began for images to add to this sandy scene. I knew I had some stamps with beach accessories that I had for years and years, looked for it in the box marked "Kids" and there it was, the beach ball, sand pail, little shovel and the refreshing Margarita Mr. Sandman is holding are from that set, the adorable flip flops are punched, I think this punch is from EK Success, got it at the dollar bin, I always look in there, it's amazing what I've found over the years. I used the SU Gorgeous Grunge stamp set to make some "sand and pebbles", I think it worked out real good. Here is a picture of this cute accessories.


I just stamped them, colored them and snipped them out, just look at those flip flops, so darn cute.
Here is a picture of Mr. Sandman with his cold drink, I added a cap from the set, to keep it looking "Wintry?" LOL!! 

Those fancy sunglasses are from an old sheet of stickers, I snipped them out to eliminate the border and carefully colored the place on his face where I was going to put them, they were clear and I wanted dark glasses, after I did this, I peeled the top part and placed them on his smiley face. The drink is stamped twice, once on the panel on top of the hand and the second time on a piece of white card stock, colored, snipped out and glued in place. The sun is die cut with THIS stamp and die set. I added a teeny pom pom to the hat, the top part was impossible to cut out and it looks so cute too.
Here is a picture of the finish inside. The sentiment totally says it all.


Here are a few pictures of this cute stamp sets. 

And here is the inspiration photo that totally inspired this card.
See what I mean? 
Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



28 comments:

jasann said...

What a fun card!!!! love it!!!!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jasann, I had a blast putting together this card.

Sonny said...

Well, this is a cutie ! Love this Snow Guy !

Patti Willey said...

Too darn funny! What a character those sunglasses and that grin! One happy "sandman"

Unknown said...

Great card ! So funny , love it .

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, the picture on the challenge gave me the idea to make a Sandman, LOL!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I really had fun creating this card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita!

Mary Fish said...

The inspiration and final result are perfection!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

That photo of the Sandman with it's Santa's hat was irresistible and this adorable stamp set was the only choice for this challenge.
Thanks for stopping by, Mary.

KimCreate said...

Aww, How cute is the snowman on the beach! I love his hat with pom pom and all the little beach items you've added.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Kim, I was dreaming of a sun drenched beach somewhere as I was making this card, this cold weather up here is really awful.

Linda said...

Your card is adorable and what a great idea adding all the little beach items. Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Linda, this is such a fun challenge, since I live up North my Christmas cards always have a cold theme but this was totally different and I'm so darn happy I made this card, it just makes me smile.

Unknown said...

Hi Maria, Very COOL card!! Santa drinking Lemonade instead of milk...how COOL is that. Great details throughout the card, too. Love it!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Josie, we are still in Winter mode up here so making this card helped me dream of Summer.

Bonnie said...

What fun, Maria! I love how you've built your sand/snowman! What wonderful accessories he has! I especially love his sunglasses! Thanks so much for bringing this fun guy to the tropical party at Merry Monday!

Elizabeth said...

What a cute card with all the beach-y touches!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, I tell you, I had visions of waves crashing on sunny, warm beaches and suntans. Nothing like that up here, LOL!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Elizabeth, I was so lucky I didn't get rid of this stamp set with all of those little accessories.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling sandy snowman, Maria! Just love all the fun accessories!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Linda, it was fun to build up this little beach scene.

conil said...

Awesome. Love how you mixed up your stamps to create this fantastic scene. It's just adorable. Especially, the cocktail ...clever girl.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Conil, I love it when I can combine different stamp sets to make a card, this little guy looks pretty happy with his Margarita in hand.

Notes by Nina said...

Adorable! Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, Nina.

Lori Turner said...

ACK!!! He's so adorable! I love that you stamped him to look like my sandy snowman :) WTG!!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lori, your inspiration picture gave me this idea, I love that Snowman made of sand!!
This challenge was out of the box fun!!!