Followers

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Pinwheels SPINNING for CASology.....

Hello everyone: The Cue Card this week at CASology is SPIN so, I made this card that I'm hoping is CAS enough for this challenge, I admit I went a bit out of the box here for the requirements for this style but I'm going to take a leap of faith and get it in there anyway. Here is my card.


I really tried to keep the embellishments to a minimum but I think that pot might exceed the rules.
This Pinwheel image is from a retired Flourishes set called "Pinwheels and Popsicles", I stamped it directly on my card base with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils and paper stumps, I used only the oil that it's already soaked into the stump, I really didn't need more.  I wrapped a piece of Natural Jute around the pot, I think it looks better than just leaving it plain.  The sentiment is from the same set and it's stamped with SU Rich Razzleberry ink.
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


The sentiment is from a Hero Arts set called "Happy Today" and it's stamped also with Rich Razzleberry ink. 
Here are the pictures of this pretty stamp sets, this first one is from Flourishes.
This next stamp set is from Hero Arts and it was gifted to me by my sweet and dear friend Patti Willey, thank you so much Patti.
This is the Cue Card for the CASology challenge.



Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

18 comments:

Sonny said...

Love your Pin Wheels in the terracotta pot . Cute idea and you are right that the jute is just the right addition .

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria what a creative pinwheel, very sweet. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, I really don't know how CAS this is but it sure looks pretty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Tracey, I'm not so sure how CAS this is, I hope it's ok.

Darlene DeVries said...

The dimension on these pinwheels is fantastic, Maria!

Patti Willey said...

Ok let's talk about your coloring! Wow! You're very talented with your pencils Maria! I clicked on the image to get a closer look, those pinwheels never looked better!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Darlene!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, adding shading with the pencils is really easy, the baby oil blends the colors beautifully. I didn't add any more oil to the stumps, they are soaked enough to still blend.

Mary Fish said...

Spin to win! Very cute!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, this pinwheels are indeed so cute.

Joyce said...

Your pinwheels are fantastic, and I loved how you colored them. And, it is absolutely CAS-enough for us, and I am so glad that you played along this week. Hope to see you here again soon. Thanks so much for playing.

Judy1223 said...

I agree with Joyce, Maria...I think your card is perfectly CAS! The pot and pinwheels are the main image, there is still lots of white space, and you added minimal embellishments (I do love that twine bow!). So glad you joined us at CASology this week...I love to see your submissions to our challenges!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Joyce, I'm still kind of new at the CAS style but I'm learning and enjoying participating in the CASology challenges.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Judy, I love the CASology challenge, I've learned so much participating in this challenges,I get so inspired by the cards made by the DT.

Patti said...

Sweet SPIN on this fun challenge!!

Patti

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Patti, this is a fun challenge to play with.

Aileen said...

Brilliant spin on the spin. Wonderful card Maria. I have been sitting here and cant come up with anything original for this one so after spinning my wheels for a while I think I'll have to pass on it..... Or ohh I dont know anyway love your choice.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Aileen, my first thought for this challenge was to go with an airplane stamp I have but then I remember this set and I just went for it. Now that I see it I wish I would have snipped out the pinwheels and attach them to the panel with a little brad, to late now, but it still looks pretty.