Followers

Saturday, April 23, 2016

Greetings from out of space.....

Hello everyone: I have a kid birthday card to share with you today, I saw the other day that my stash of birthday cards for children was a bit low, only 3 cards in there so, I decided to make this one which I will submit to the Alphabet Challenge with a new theme "D is for Dots", here is my card.


How about those creatures form out of space, eh? aren't they so darn cute? this sweeties are from a retired SU set called "Make a Monster" from the 2010-2011 catalog, I love this set for kids cards. I only have one other set with Monsters, I made THIS card with the "Monstermaniacs" set, so totally adorable.
I stamped this little monsters onto a piece of Strathmore Mixed Media 90lb. paper because it's a bit thinner than my usual Canson 140lb. water color paper and I was going to fussy cut this guys, this paper is great, it holds the water well and it's a snap to snip.
I added a "Moon" that was embossed with a Paper Studio embossing folder, I glued some confetti stars and added the "Happy Birthday Human" sentiment from another sweet SU set called "Lots of Bots", this are little Robots.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


All of the sentiments are from a retired Flourishes set called "Pinwheels and Popsicles", I added another little monster using a different set of "accessories", this is the great thing about this set, it has a bunch of really cute eyes, mouths, horns and dots to make a bunch of different monsters.
Here is the banner from The Alphabet Challenge.

Alphabet Challenge Blog
"D is for Dots"
Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping. Have a great weekend.
Hugs from Maria.

Stamps used for this card.
Lots of Bots, 2009-2010 catalog.


Make a Monster, 2010-2011 catalog.

Flourishes "Pinwheels and Popsicles", I'm not to sure but the last post from the DT dated 2014.
Flourishes was closing it's on line store.






6 comments:

Sonny said...

How cute ! Love your embossed planet or whatever .These little space creatures are perfect for kids . Great colors too !!

Patti Willey said...

I see Dots! I wondered how you would deal with challenge! Great little guy card and the little Monsters in primary colors was a great choice!

Cazro said...

I love your dotty monsters, A great card. Thanks for joining us at Aplhabet Challenges. Caz DT.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! It's a planet, my friend, Ha!!! it looks like it's been hit by a bunch of rocks or meteors or something.
This set is another classic kids set, love it.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, I was also wondering what I was going to do but then I remember this set and I knew right away, a bunch of dotted space "monsters".

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, love this challenge, I wonder what will they have for the letter "D".