Followers

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sunny Harvest.....

Hello everyone: I had this card almost done yesterday but I was side tracked by a friend's request for a Baby Boy card, Jim is one of my dearest Triathlon friends so, I put all else aside and made him a card for his niece, who just had a healthy and beautiful baby boy.  So I finished this card this morning for the Retro Sketches sketch challenge#212, here is my card.


This beautiful bunch of Sunflowers is from a Power Poppy set called Sunny Harvest, which has other equally beautiful images.  I stamped it onto Canson water color paper with my new favorite black in for clear stamps, Versafine Onix Black, the impression is flawless the first time so, no need to re ink your image. I colored it with my SU Tangelo Twist ink pad, the Old Olive, More Mustard and Chocolate Chip markers and the aqua painter. The panel is sponged with Tangelo Twist, I embossed the card stock with a brick embossing folder, the pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley and I put a bit of ribbon from my stash, the sentiment is from the set and it's stamped with Tangelo Twist.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Both the sentiment and the sprig of flowers are from the same set.
Here is the sketch that inspired my card.
Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

5 comments:

Sonny said...

This is a pretty bunch of posies . So bright and cheerful . Pretty card !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, I love this bouquet of Sunflowers.

Patti Willey said...

Amazing shades in those sunflowers and paper wrap! Good luck with your challenge!

Mary Fish said...

yummy mix of texture and pattern!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti.