Followers

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Petunias and Butterflies......

Hello everyone: Here we are at Retro Rubber with a new challenge for you, I hope you give it a try.  The theme is "May Flowers", since all those April Showers helped our flowers bloom, we want to see lots and lots of them in our gallery so go and look for your older than one year images and give them some love and ink, here is the card I made with a 3-4 year old stamp from Northwoods called Petunias with two Butterflies.


The image was stamped onto Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored with SU markers, aqua painter and Prismacolor pencils, I added gold gel pen to the butterflies, to show the veins and details on their wings.  After changing my mind several times about the layout for this card and since it's a pretty big image, I decided to fussy cut it so I could use the pretty pattern paper that coordinated so well with the Petunia's colors, I die cut a piece of vellum just so this flowers wouldn't be lost in the background. I added a little tag with a sentiment from my stash and a sheer pink ribbon for a bit of detail. 
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment was die cut with a Spellbinders die set called "Oval Regalia", both flowers and the sentiment are from a retired Flourishes stamp set called "From the Garden", this set is very old, Flourishes closed it's on line store about 3 years ago and I know I had this stamps way long before that.
Here is the inspiration photo from Retro Rubber that inspired my card.


I would like to enter my card the Time Out Challenge "Inspired by Words" challenge. The words are "May all your Weeds be Wild Flowers", we can use this phrase any way we want to, I went with Flowers.
I hope you give our Retro Rubber challenge a try, please remember to use stamps that are at least one year old and, if it's at all possible, let us know their age. 
For more inspiration, please visit my Designer Team mates' blogs to see their beautiful creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by, I love reading your comments and I always try to reply, sometimes time just escapes from me so I might take a little bit to respond, but please know I read each word you leave me and I appreciate this more than you know.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



24 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You've outdone yourself again, Maria! Beautiful image and coloring. It looks fabulous filling the whole card front like that.

Patti Willey said...

Oh boy what a pretty stamp! So glad it's fussy cut I love the leaves showing like that just rich with Spring colors!

Unknown said...

Soooo beautiful ! Love the colours and the details :). Hugs Anita

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Leslie, I'm glad I snipped out this image. The flowers are like the ones we planted on the flower boxes, so pretty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, when I saw the finish panel it was to big and I wanted the paper to show so I fussy cut it, I'm glad I did.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita, this is really a beautiful image.

Neva Cole said...

Such a pretty card! I really like how you used the vellum to show case the image and include the lovely patterned paper. Wonderful job on the coloring and details!

Aileen said...

What a stunner this is. Love the flowers and butterflies and all the colours used. So beautiful

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Neva, I haven't use this stamp in a long time, I'm glad I finally inked it up!!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, I love the little Petunias and the fabulous array of colors they come in.

Claire Grantham said...

This is such a lovely card Maria, the petunias are stunning, I love the colour combo you have chosen. I laughed about Splodge, Neva picked that up too. It is a very English word that I totally overuse! Cx

Anita in France said...

So lovely, Maria ... your colouring of those fabulous petunias and beautiful butterflies is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Debbie Mageed said...

Maria, you made a watercolor masterpiece - again! I just don't know how you do them! Adding the gold gel pen to the butterflies is truly genius!! Gorgeous card!

Unknown said...

The effects that you can create with coloring mediums!! Just beautiful, Maria. And I will need to keep the vellum trick in my head for future.... :)

creative lady said...

Gorgeous card Maria, love every detail. Your coloring and those butterflies are just beautiful!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Claire, I love Petunias, they are sweet little flowers.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita, I love playing along with Time Out, it's fun to combine challenges.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Debbie, water color is my first love, I've learned to combine it with pencils for a really pretty effect. I added the gel pen because the butterfly stamps black so I colored it purple and added the gold to her wings.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, I've learned to add detail to my water coloring with Prismacolor pencils, it adds a lot of depth and looks so pretty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Donna, the card changed a bit from my original thought of, that is why I fussy cut it, It looks better this way.

Christine Traversa said...

Maria, this is stunning! The colors and detail are so inspiring! Really creative design. ❤️

Shery Russ said...

Amazing coloring on those blooms! Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at TO :o)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Christine, so sorry I replied so late.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Shery, it was fun to play along at Time Out Challenges.