Friday, May 13, 2016

You are my Sunny Day.....

Hello everyone: Some of you know how much I love the House Mouse siblings, this little critters are as adorable as they are mischievous and this card.....well, judge for yourselves.


Somebody is hot and thought a dip in some cool lemonade would do the trick, well, I think so. Now, over at The Card Concept the challenge is "You are my Sunshine" so I created this sunny scene to participate. The image is called "Splish Splash, a Citrus Bath" and you can see in this little guy's sweet face, that he is loving this dip in the icy drink. 
I stamped this image onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Versafine Onix Black ink and colored it with a couple of SU markers for the mouse and the flower and, for the wedge of lemon and the lemonade, I used Tim Holtz distress ink in, what else, Squeezed Lemonade, which gave me the perfect color for the drink.  I was going to die cut a little sun but it just didn't look right, it was way to small for this card so, I made a mask out of some scrap card stock using a circle die and using a sponge dauber and Hello Honey ink, I made the "rays" of this sun, first using the dauber flat to make the glow and then, turning it a bit on it's side to make the rays, then, I just fill in the circle on the panel trying not to get to close to the edge to leave the rays intact. 


The sentiment is from Power Poppy's Sunny Harvest stamp set, very fitting for this image.
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


The bunch of flowers is from a retired Flourishes set called "Gerber Daisies".
Here is the banner that inspired my card. I went with the colors and the words.

This are the stamps I used for my card.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




8 comments:

  1. Oh my Gosh! I've seen this image in fact I'm sure you've made me a wonderful card with this Cool Dude! I love this sunshine and your Rays are amazing! Now! We need to get you on video so we can see you build that sun in action! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes!! video is an uncharted territory my friend, but I will tell you creating this sun, rays and all, was truly easy.
      It's all in the flicking motion, with the circle mask on your panel, grab the dauber and flick it close to the edge outwards to get the "glow", after you went around then start again only this time and without re inking the dauber, turn it on it's side and flick again, don't press to hard so you can get soft but defined rays.
      Hope this helps.
      Thank you for stopping by Patti.

      Delete
  2. absolutely adorable ~ love this card ~ thanks for sharing :-) ~ enjoy your weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Denise, so glad you stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this little guy seems to have it all figured out! Simply adorable!! Thanks for the sweet comment over on my blog too. You have added two smiles to my day! Glad you joined in at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jen, I'm so glad we will be enjoying your fabulous style at The Card Concept blog.

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh this little guy is too cute!! And, I love your giant sun! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the Sun you created in the corner! Thanks for playing at The Card Concept:)

    ReplyDelete

I want to thank you for stopping by, I always read all the comments you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Maria.