Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Hanging the Stockings.....

Hello everyone: The Merry Monday challenge this week is hosted by Sue Joyce and she chose a theme of Christmas cards for kids so, using the awesome sketch from Mojo Monday I created this card.

This image is from Lili of the Valley and it's stamped onto Canson water color paper with Versafine Onix Black ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter. I sponged some SU Baked Brown Sugar to give the illusion of a fire place, I don't know if I succeeded in this but I do like the vintage look this ink gave to this panel.
The pattern paper is from my stash and the sentiment is from Power Poppy's set called Spice it Up! .
I added a little bling with a few red Rhine Stones to the sentiment and the little red bow on the mantel. The image is die cut with Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from the same Power Poppy set, the little present is from another Power Poppy set called Merry Littles, which is my "go to" set to add something pretty for the inside of my Christmas cards.
Here are the banners that inspired my card.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

I think this stamp is discontinued, I've had it for about a year now and I couldn't find it at the store.



10 comments:

Patti Willey said...

She looks like you with your dark hair! What a cutie, very vintage feel great job!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Aww!! how sweet of you, my friend. I probably looked like that just about 60 years ago, LOL!! Now, I see my grandkids hanging their stockings by our fireplace, even my 18 and 16 year old ones try to peek to see what's in them, they will forever be my babies.

Bonnie said...

This is such an adorable image, Maria! And as always your watercoloring skills have made a beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Aileen said...

Beautiful little scene Maria, what a wonderful stamp this is. So cute.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, I had fun, as always, playing along at Merry Monday.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, I just love this sweet image, this little girl is such a cutie.

Susan Joyce said...

Your image is just perfect for a child's Christmas card Maria, love the Vintage scene you created. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday this week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Susan, the challenge's theme was perfect for this little stamp.

Unknown said...

After viewing your card I went searching for that stamp. I was unable to find one but, I will keep looking. Your card is so adorable! I love the specialty paper with the ornaments and all the small details that really complete this card. I have not tried paper piercing yet but, I will now.

Anonymous said...

ADORABLE card!!! Her dress is so cute, very nice coloring job.