Followers

Monday, June 6, 2016

House Mouse Friend to Friend.....

Hello dear friends: Most of you know how much I love, love the House Mouse siblings, the images on all the stamps are endearing and adorable and this little critters are doing all kinds of fun and sweet stuff, one can't help but love them.
The "Just Us Girls" challenge is asking us to make a card with BIRDS in it so, I used the sketch from Sunday Stamps Weekly Challenge #128 to make mine.


Now, is this sweet and adorable or what? This stamp is called Hummingbird Feeder.  I stamped the image onto Canson water color paper with Versafine Onix Black ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder, I've found out that doing this, helps a lot when water coloring because the color stays inside the thin line of embossing. I colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter. For the Hummingbird's green feathers I used a  Crayola marker that had this vibrant color matching the actual color of this beautiful birds.
The patter paper is from a retired line from Lili of the Valley, the sentiment is from SU Teeny, Tiny Wishes, punched with the retired Word Window punch.
I started finishing my cards this year as a New Year's resolution, it saves me a ton of time when I send them to family and friends.


The sentiment and the Hummingbird are from a retired Flourishes set called "Humming Along" and the flowers in the corner are from a retired SU set called "Peaceful Petals". 
Here are the banners that inspired my card.



Here are the stamps I used to create this card.


Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


14 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

This is just adorable! Love those house mouse stamps! And the hummingbird is gorgeous! And I am thrilled that I could entice you to play along with JUGS!

Patti Willey said...

Aw those pair together so well! That's such an adorable card that anyone of your Pen Pals would adore in their Mail!! {grin!}

Claire Broadwater said...

Maria, your coloring is amazing! Love the house mouse stamp and the colors you used to create this fun card! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Ina G said...

Lovely stamp you have used here to make such a pretty card. Great colouring. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Cornelia, you can't help but love this little critters and, after seeing your fabulous birdie, I couldn't resist playing along.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hmm..I wonder who that Pen Pal might be??? No clue, LOL!!
But this is such an endearing image, true friendship on display here.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Claire, I love this sketch, it kind of plays a little with your eyes, I love playing along with Sunday Stamps.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Ina, when I saw the BIRD word, I knew I wanted to use this sweet image.

Aileen said...

Beautiful combination of mouse stamp and humming bird. Your cards always look so good with the finished inside.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, I adore this mice and finishing the inside saves me a ton of time.

Heidi Baks said...

Simply adorable! I love how you mixed images from various stamp sets flawlessly. Thank you for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Heidi, I often mix stamp sets to create my cards, it's a great way to ink up old and beloved ones.

Annette Elliott said...

Wow, your water coloring skills are impressive! Lovely creation! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps! this week! :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Annette, so happy you stopped by. :)