Followers

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Papa Bear Father's Day.....

Hello dear friends: June is well on it's way, the weather is getting warmer and Father's Day is just around the corner so, with this special day in mind and using the fabulous sketch from Retro Rubber challenge #40this week and the Father's Day theme from The Paper Players and the Uniko Studio Masculine theme with the twist of "Father's Day", the Cute Card Tuesday challenge #428, I created this card.


This is a discontinued or retired stamp from Lili of the Valley, I had this stamp for over 2 years. I stamped the image onto Strathmore Multimedia water color paper with Versafine Onix Black ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder. I like this paper because it's thinner than the 140lb. I use sometimes therefore it's easy to fussy cut your images like I did in this case. I cut the Papa Bear sitting on his comfy chair looking at his little cub giving him a Father's Day gift, the slippers and coffee and cookies are part of this image too, I just thought they would look so fabulous "laying" on the "rug".


I colored this images with SU markers and the aqua painter, the paper is from a discontinued line from Lili of the Valley.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Here are the banners that inspired my card.



Cute Card Thursday

I hope you guys give this challenge a try, as always, please use stamps that are at least one year old, this is really not so hard to do, all of us have a bunch of this beloved stamp sets in our craft rooms so, lets ink them up and share them in our gallery. 
Please stop by the fabulous Retro Rubber designers to check their beautiful creations and get inspired to participate. 
Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.





23 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Oh! Look at that! So adorable! Love the paneling you've made with papers and that Rug! Perfect! Great idea paper snipping a thinner multi media paper I'm glad it worked well enough to color on for you. Just an adorable card!

Lisa said...

Adorable! Love how your paper reminds me of wood paneling. Dates me back to the 70's. Great color as always.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, the image is just so sweet and the paper perfect for fussy cutting, it holds water really well, it's good to have a pad on hand.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, and you know what? wood paneling from the 70s' is exactly what this paper reminds me off also and I can recall an old couch with green fabric at my mother in law's house.

Neva Cole said...

Such a sweet little card! All the details are perfect.

Jane said...

Such a cosy and cute scene, love those cuddly bears. Thanks for playing at Uniko this month.

Nance Leedy said...

Oh my goodness, what a sweet little scene and your coloring is fantastic! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Neva, this card is going to one of my sons in law, from my little 8 year old grandson.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jane, love this little bears, your challenge was just perfect to make this card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Nance, I couldn't resist playing along at The Paper Players with this card.

Lindsey said...

V cute stamp image. Works v well with the neutral background. Lindsey x

Unknown said...

Maria, all the details (especially the fab rug) and coloring makes this card a perfect Poppa card! Absolutely adorable!!

Claire Grantham said...

Love this Maria, the details are lovely and your colouring as always is amazing!! That chair, I need to own LOL. Cx

Claire Broadwater said...

This is adorable! I love your coloring and the precious teddy bears! Thank you for joining my theme challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Hannelie said...

Such a perfect cosy picture Maria!
Gorgeous card!
Thanks for joining The Paper Players!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lindsey, :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, you can't help but smile at this little scene.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! Claire, ahh!! that chair, oh my goodness, totally 60's!!! thank you for stopping by.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Claire, the challenge theme at The Paper Players was just perfect for the sketch at Retro Rubber.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Hannelie, love those teddies.
I always have fun playing along at The Paper Players.

Debbie Mageed said...

Such a cute Father's Day card, Maria! I am such a sucker for teddy bears and these two are adorable! Your coloring is perfect as usual.

Beverley said...

Adorable card and beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for sharing and joining in on the Uniko Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Christine Traversa said...

Soooo sweet! Love the colors and detail!!❤️