Followers

Tuesday, August 30, 2016

All Critters, Big and Small.....

Hello everyone: It's time for another fun challenge over at RETRO RUBBER and this time it's all about CRITTERS, whether big or small, we want to see them. The Designer Team had a fun time deciding what constitutes a Critter, I Googled this question and the answer was "living creature" whether wild or domestic, so go and dig out your CRITTER stamps and share your creations in our gallery. When I think of the word CRITTER I think of little squirrels and chipmunks, hedgehogs and rabbits so, this is the card I made with this adorable image from the Penny Black set called "Hugs", which has been in my craft room for at least 3 years but the actual set dates from way back in 2009. You can easily find out the age of your stamps by checking either Pinterest or Splitcoaststampers, if you know the name of your set, you can find it there.


I stamped this little Hedgehogs onto a die cut panel of Canson water color paper and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter, the pattern paper is from a retired line from Lili of the Valley. 
********************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Here are some simple rules for this challenge: 
You can only link up your card to 10 challenges, including ours.
Please, make every effort to tell us the age of your stamps or at least, how long have you had them.
Just make sure your stamps are at least ONE YEAR OLD.
The purpose of our challenge is to give your old, in most cases, retired stamps a chance to shine again, we bought them for a reason and they need to have a chance to get inked up again.  Most of my stamps are bought after they have retired, I missed getting them when they were released but I've found them on the internet or through dear friends who know I'm going to give them a good home.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


23 comments:

creative lady said...

Maria, your card is adorable! Love the "critters".

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Donna, they are so darn cute.

Brian King said...

Cute as can be. Great colors, Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Brian, I'm so glad you stopped by.

Katy McGloin said...

Maria, I had been waiting to see what you would produce for this challenge. Your stamps stash has an abundance of darling critters. And the hedgehogs are over the top adorable. Great coloring! Well done, teammate!

HJ said...

Your card is so cute, Maria. I love all the coloring of all the various elements to make a very pretty scene. The recipient will be thrilled to receive it. TFS

Debbie Mageed said...

I just knew that you take this challenge and make a card that would be as cute as can be. I really need to see your stamp collection! Then you can teach me how to watercolor! Love this gorgeous critter card!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, I really love my stash of critter stamps, this hedgehogs are my favorite.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you HJ, I love working with this images.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Debbie, as soon as I saw the challenge theme, I knew what I was going to use.
Wish you were closer, we could craft to our hearts content, I'm no expert but I would gladly share with you my "technique" for water coloring.

Mary Fish said...

Hedgehod heaven!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! you got that right Mary, thank you for stopping by.

Patti Willey said...

Eep! The colored up diecut with those Hedgies! Couldn't be more cute!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks my friend, this hedgies are cute little critters.

Claire Grantham said...

Maria, I love the cute little hedgehogs, they are so adorable, as always your card is beautifully coloured. Cx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Claire, they are as cute as the real ones.

Neva Cole said...

Oh Maria, Hedgie and friend are perfect for your birthday card! Love it!

craftysahmiam said...

Beautiful job coloring the sweet image and the papers are really fun !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Neva, this Hedghogies are always so cute.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Heather, I'm so glad you stopped by.

Christine Traversa said...

Thanks for the tip on finding the stamp set age! I love the vibrant colors you used and your creative layout. Your card caught my eye right away! Sooo sharp!❤️

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Christine, I'm so glad you found my tip to finding your stamp set's age useful.
I love this little hedgehogs, they make the cutest cards.

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Maria! I love hedgies! And these are so cute! Beautifully colored and such bright colors on the card! Happy is the feeling I get when I look at this one! Another winner my friend!