Followers

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

RRCB 57


Hello and welcome to challenge #57 at RETRO RUBBER.  As you can see, this one is all about these colors and we want you to make your cards using them. 
My card was made using a super cute stamp set from Penny Black called Fairy Sweet, which I've own for over 4 years, I adore this little baby fairy, here is my card.


I stamped the image onto a panel of Strathmore mixed media paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with SU markers and an aqua painter, I added some shading and highlights with Prismacolor pencils.  The little Lady Bug was stamped onto red card stock and fussy cut, the flowers on the left were die cut using the Botanical Builder Framelits dies by Stampin' Up! 
The pattern papers are from a discontinued line from Lili of the Valley, the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Simply Camellias and the lace border was punched with a Martha Stewart punch.
*******************************************************
                     Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Potted Primroses.
For more inspiration, hop over the RETRO RUBBER challenge blog and take a look at my teammates' awesome cards.
Please take a minute and read our rules, they are few but important. 
I hope you join us in the gallery, please remember to make sure your stamps are at least one year old, we are all about giving our older sets a chance to shine again.
Also, you may enter up to 10 challenges, including ours.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.






7 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Cute little lady bug and butterflies with your chubby fairy baby! Such a cutie pie!

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh, my - what a cute baby fairy!! Your coloring is perfect!! I love how you used the color inspiration to make such a whimsical card!! One of my favorites from you, Maria!!

Jan Clothier said...

I like the way your fairy manages to look angelic and utterly mischievous at the same time. The colours shine here and look so very vibrant and joyful.

Claire Grantham said...

Maria, such awesome colouring as always and I love that stamp, how cute is she? I also really like that doily like border, gorgeous. Cx

Mary Fish said...

Isn't she lovely in these pretty colors!

Katy McGloin said...

Another beautiful example of your coloring expertise, Maria! I look at the shading and blending of the fairy's details and just say "wow". So many wonderful details and textures, but my fave is the ladybug!! Jan's comment about angelic and mischevious is spot on!!

Christine Traversa said...

I just love your style! So fun and vibrant and whimsical! So much energy and joy!❤️