Followers

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sweet Dreams.....

Hello everyone: Do you believe in Fairies? I do and because of that, I enjoy coloring images of this ethereal little creatures that live among flowers or deep in forests, that are attracted to mirrors, pencils, honey, silver and gold foil paper and also, glass beads.
Some years ago my aunt found a box with about 25 plain rubber stamps at a thrift store, she bought them on the spot because she knows how much I love Fairies. This stamps were dirty and dusty, some looked like they have been used and were all stained. After I washed them and started stamping the images to see how they looked like, I was astonished at the beauty of this images.  Unfortunately there was no name of any company that made them in that dirty box but, just about 2 years ago, I found out that they were from a company called Sweet Pea Stamps. They are no longer in business so I feel real fortunate to own this lovely images.  Here is a card made with one of them, that I will link to a few challenges at the end of this post.


I stamped the image onto a panel of Strathmore mixed media paper and water colored it with SU markers and an aqua painter, I added a bit of detail with my Prismacolor pencils.
The twigs in the background were stamped using a stamps with corals, I just masked the Fairy and mouse. I didn't want to add a sentiment, I really didn't want to clutter this image so I just die cut the word "Dream" from a left over piece after I cut the panel.
I added a bit of ribbon and some paper punched with a lace punch.
****************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is one of my absolute favorites, it's from an old retired set from Flourishes called "Orchids", the little mushrooms on the bottom are die cut with a border die from C. C. Designs but unfortunately, it's discontinued. 

I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.
CCC Digi Creations Challenge #67 Fairies.
Petal Lu Challenges #32 Anything Goes.
Die Cut Divas February Challenge "Use Red or Pink"
Creatalicious Challenges Challenge #109 Anything Goes/optional use ribbon or twine.
Animal Friends Challenge #47, no DSP and must contain an Animal.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




8 comments:

Patti Willey said...

I'm so glad your Aunt knows you so well to grab these stamps! They're in the best hands now and it's nice to see them colored up every time you share!

Dreja said...

Klasse gemacht! Danke für die Teilnahme bei den AF.
LG Dreja

Mary Fish said...

I believe in fairies - especially your beautifully watercolored ones!

Kuni said...

Wonderful card.
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends.
Hugs
Kuni

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful coloring and lovely image indeed! Thanks for joining in the fun at Die Cut Divas.

Gale said...

This is a lovely card Maria. Love your coloring of a lovely image. Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious and we hope you join us again next month. Hugs, Gale DT

Selene said...

Beautiful card with super cute image :)
Thank you for joining us at the Animal Friends Challenge.
VlG Selene

cohenna said...

Thank you so much for joining at Die Cut Divas February challenge with your super creation - hope to see you again soon :)