Followers

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

RAINBOWS!!!!!

Hello everyone: We at RETRO RUBBER, have a new challenge for you to have some fun with, this time we want to see RAINBOWS!!  Here is this card I made to inspire you to join my teammates and I in our gallery.


This sweet little Hedgehogs are from a Penny Black stamp set called "WONDERFUL" I bought it back in March of 2014.
I stamped this two cuties onto a panel of water color paper with Stazon black ink, sponged the sky and grass with Distress Inks in Shabby Shutters and Tumbled Glass, die cut the balloons and added some embroidery strings using a glue dot to attach them to the hands of the little Hedgehogs. The sprigs of grass and flowers are stamped with a couple of Art Impressions stamps.
Now, I'm going to show you another card I made with Rainbow colors.  I saw THIS VIDEO by Nicole Picadura that encouraged me to give this technique a try.  I always love seeing cards with gorgeous water color washes but, every time I attempt to make one, I end up with a muddy mess. 
This is not all the pretty I would have wanted but at least the colors are not completely messed up.


I kind of like the colors on the left, with the reds and orange tones but, it starts getting bad after the yellow and blue, the purple at the end was saved because I soaked the puddle of water that was mixing the green and blue and overtaking the purple.  I need A LOT more practice, this is kind of ok for my first try.
***********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my first card.


The sentiment is from Hero Arts and I inked it up using my SU markers in Real Red, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise and Elegant Eggplant.

So stop by the RETRO RUBBER to see the awesome cards my teammates have there for your inspiration and please join us in the gallery.

Please remember to use at least ONE OF YOUR STAMPS that is older than ONE YEAR and, 
please mention the age of your stamps or how long you've had them.
Only new work, no back linking please.
You can enter up to 10 challenges including ours.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria. 


10 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Well I love the Hedgies for sure! Surprised they've not lifted off with all of those colorful balloons! Great challenge!

Debbie Mageed said...

We were thinking "balloons" together on this challenge, Maria! LOL I love how you paired your rainbow assortment with those adorable hedgehogs. Too cute!!

Sonny P. said...

Hedgehogs are cuties w/ their colorful balloons ! Love your RAINBOW SPLASH ! PRETTY !!

Mary Fish said...

I LOVE those splashy colors!

Jan Clothier said...

The balloons are gloriously vibrant and contrast with those sweet wee hedgehogs. But I do love your splash card. Like you, I'm always a bit scared to give that technique a go but I think you've got it working a treat here.

creative lady said...

Maria, oh my! How fun is your card! The balloons are a perfect take on the rainbow challenge. And those hedgehogs really makes your card. I love the other watercolor card too, I love a card with watercolor.

craftysahmiam said...

The hedgies with their colorful balloons are adorable, but I really like the color splash card. Thanks for sharing the link.

Julie Gearinger said...

Maria, your little hedgehogs look so happy with their rainbow balloons! Love the sweet scene and your other cards are fabulous as well! Thanks for sharing the ideas with all of us and it has been fun being the GD for this challenge :-)

Christine Traversa said...

Oh Maria! This is so sweet! The hedgies with the balloons together! Awesone design my friend!❤️❤️

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

All fabulous in their own way! The hedgehogs are just super cute with their colorful balloons and that watercolor panel you created is simply swoon worthy!