Followers

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Love Potion Recipe.....

Hello everyone: This is another late post but this time it's because we went to the apple orchard with the kiddos, to pick pumpkins and apples and get lost in the darn maze, sheeesh!! It was a perfect day!
We got back a while ago but we started racking some of the leaves on the front yard with them. The kids are back home and now it's again way to quiet, we miss the noise.

 I'm having so much fun making Halloween cards with my 2 "new" fabulous stamp sets I bought just recently on Ebay. This card is made with both of this sets, the 2006 Stampin' Up! Halloween set "Best Friends" and the "Mostly Animals" set with these amazing Witch and Cauldron. This last one I don't know when it was issued, but when I Googled the name of the company, I found out on Splitcoaststampers that they went out of business back in 2004-2005, so thank goodness for Ebay because this stamps are over the top fabulous, just look at this awesome Witch.


I think she is adorable in her own kind of spooky way, love that you can really put just about anything between her very long and perfectly manicured fingernails, I chose the spider from the "Best Friends" set just because I think it fits just right for what she's about to "cook?" 
I had to do a bit of masking for this card right there where her right foot is to put her like she is behind the boiling cauldron. 
I stamped all of this images with Versafine black ink on Strathmore mixed media paper and colored them with some SU markers and also Sakura Koi watercolors.  I tried to make her recipe book look old and very well loved so I went with some markers and Prismacolor pencils giving it a stained appearance. Now, I was not going to put that black cat there but, as sometimes happens, I got a big smudge on my finished panel, I just about passed out so, I needed something to cover it and I remember the cat in the retired SU set called "Bite Me", which happened to be just about the perfect size for this scene, I stamped him on a separate scrap of watercolor paper with Versafine ink, clear heat embossed it and fussy cut it, Voila!! problem solved, phew!!
Oh, I added a couple of small red Rhine Stones to his face just to make him look scary.

*****************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The spider webs are from my Halloween stash, the spiders are from the "Bite Me" set and the sentiment from another retired SU set called "Jar of Haunts" 

I'm entering this card on this challenges.

As You See It Challenge #161 "Delicious Shivers"

SumMoreFun Victorine Originals Mood Board #13

As You Like It Show Us Your Style "Do you prefer people or animals"
Well, I love both my animal friends and my human friends but, when it comes to color them, I rather color animals.
My Time To Craft Challenge #357 "Halloween or Cats"
I chose both 😉
The Fairy and the Unicorn Challenge #8 "Anything Goes, optional theme "Witching Halloween"
As you can see I chose the Witch.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

11 comments:

Sonny P. said...

Wonder who that potion is going to ???
I think you did a great job on her beloved RECIPE BOOK !!
So colorful and cute (except for that critter she is putting into her cauldron )

Jan Clothier said...

The witch is indeed gorgeous and you've done wonders ageing her recipe book. I too, would have nearly passed out to have smudged it after putting in so much work, and I like your creative solution. Thanks for joining us at As You See It, Maria.

Teresa Kline said...

hello! super cute card, luv the spooky scene! I am so glad you played along with the
As you see it!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Scrapper69 said...

Ooh, how CUTE! Spooky Fun Halloween card! Thanks for playing along with us over at Victorine Originals - SumMore Fun! Have a great day! :)

Theresa (SumMore Fun DT)
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Heather Cooper said...

That witch is a masterpiece from the top of her hat to the tips of her well-manicured fingers, including the spider! The solution to the dreaded smudge is clever and it brings balance to your design as well! Thanks for playing along with our Scary Challenge at As You See It Challenge!

Beth F. said...

Oh my gosh! What a fun Halloween card. I love it! Thank you for joining us at Victorine Originals/SumMore Fun!

Jane Knudsen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Maria!! Double double toil and trouble is what I thought when I saw this card! Love the images and you made them look alive and a bit spooky to boot! Your cards are always so beautifully thought out! Plus a perfect amount of scare factor!! Thank you for joining us at As You See It!

LeAnne said...

Oh my, another cute but scary Halloween image, so beautifully colored! That witch certainly looks as if she has a wicked spell up her sleeve! And I love how you created the inside sentiment...very clever! Thanks for playing with our spooky AYSI challenge!

SUPRFOXdesigns said...

What a fun card, love the details you included, a perfect spooky Halloween greeting to get in the mail. Thank you for joining us at Victorine Originals ~DT Heather

Larissa said...

Great card! The image is really fabulous. Thanks so much for joining us at As you like it!

Hugs,
Larissa