Followers

Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Leap Year!!!!!

Hello everyone: Well, it's here, February 29th. 2016, it's funny but, I for one, never really paid to much attention to this day, all I know is that it happens every 4 years and, according to THIS explanation, it's because actually, the Earth takes 365.24 to go around the Sun so, they (who ever "they" are), added one day to our calendar every 4 years to keep the Seasons of the year synchronized otherwise, the Seasons would shift around the calendar and then, every 750 years June would be in the middle of Winter.....so weird that would be!!!
Anywho, over at the "Just Us Girls" has a photo inspiration challenge for today, February 29th. so here is my card.

This image is from a company called "Alotastamps", that apparently closed it's doors a while back, I tried to look for this stamp and I couldn't find it, but I love this frog, happily submerged into what appears to be a Martini....."Shaken not Stirred" please!! Hmm.. I don't know about this one, I think it's both shaken and stirred, LOL!!
I just stamped the happy froggy onto a panel of Canson water color paper and colored it with my new Derwent pencils, the color green is just perfect for this frog. The olives were colored with SU Old Olive, I stamped one extra and snipped it out and placed it there on the side falling, I think this frog is just about done!!
I added a bit of Crystal Effects to the glass and the drops.


Here is a picture of the finished inside.


This stamps are from the Retired SU "Happy Hour" stamp set.


Here is the picture that inspired this card.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



18 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Ha ha! I don't think that was his first Martini! He looks pretty comfortable in this one! Happy Leap Year Day!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ha, ha!!! I think you're right Patti, it looks like he needs to look for his designated "driver", LOL!!

Sonny said...

Funny ! Really cute and takes me back to the younger days when I drank Martinis ! If I saw a frog in my glass I would have freaked out !!
This is clever and perfect for Leap Year Day ...I am sure after that last drink this critter had, he could really LEAP !!

Lisa said...

What a HOOT! Love it! It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Not a care in the world. Although I'm not a martini kind of girl, I would take a margarita please. LOL

Bonnie said...

Ha! Today's a good excuse for a party! Love this fun card!

Mary Fish said...

Cheers and happy leap year day!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Ha, ha!!! thanks Sonny, this froggy surely be leaping pretty soon.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, this frog is a total hoot indeed!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, this froggy is waaaaay ahead of us!!! LOL!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Cheers to you too, Mary!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love that image and how you added the shine to the glass! I could think of many uses for that cute little guy. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Mimi said...

So cute! I love this guy! (Or lady-frog...). The Crystal Effects look perfect!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sue, I agree, this image could be used for several occasions.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mimi, she, (or he), is having a really good time, LOL!!

Lisa Kind said...

Oh that frog is just having too much fun in that martini! LOL! So cute! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, this frog always makes me laugh!!

Rahmat said...

Maria, I am coming after I saw the JUGS winner post, I didn't play this week here so didn't visit the gallery..But what a fun card, that frog is one happy jolly kind, and made me laugh..I stared at this card for quite a bit to see all the small and wonderful details you added, specially the hanging leg! Bravo!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much Rahmat, I was going to check to see who won but you told me and I appreciate it so much.
This frog is a riot, I love this image, and it's very versatile too.
Thank you so much for stopping by.