Followers

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Calla Lilies for Mojo Monday #437.....

Hello everyone: It's time for another fabulous sketch over at the MOJO MONDAY challenge blog. I'm so very ready for Spring, Easter, warmer temperatures, flowers, the good old Planet Earth waking up from the long and cold slumber of Winter so, I went with soft colors for my card and a beautiful image of Calla Lilies.

 I stamped this flowers, from the retired Flourishes set called "Calla Lilies", onto Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored the flowers with the white Prismacolor pencil and the stems, ribbon and little chick, from retired Flourishes set called "Signs of Spring", with SU markers and the aqua painter. I was going to leave the flowers with no color but the water color paper has a off white hue and I wanted the flowers white. The sentiment is from the dollar bin at my local craft store. The pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley and the seam binding ribbon is from SU in Daffodil Delight.
I die cut all of this images with Spellbinders scalloped oval dies. 
Here is a picture of the finish inside.


The sentiment is from another Flourishes set called "Lenten Rose", I stamped a partial image from the same set as in front, both using Wild Wasabi ink.
Here is the sketch that inspired this card.
 
Here are the pictures of this 3 stamp sets.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping,
Hugs from Maria.



4 comments:

Sonny said...

This is really pretty ! Love the scalloped edges because it frames your flowers so well.
Would be a perfect Easter card !

Patti Willey said...

Lovely Calla Lillies for Easter & Sympathy dint ever let that one go Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, I also think this is a really pretty Easter card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, believe me, I'm never let this set out of my sight.