Followers

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Hi Cutie.....

Hello everyone: I have a card for you today that I will enter into the following challenges.
The Curtain Call Photo Inspiration challenge, color Lime Green.
The Double D challenge "Feeling Green" and
The Card Concept "Shamrocks, Patterns and Greens" challenge, I took the green part for my card.


This sweet little Dragon is from a company called Sweet Pea Stamps, unfortunately they closed their doors last November, which was a very sad thing. I'm lucky to own about 20+ of their amazing Fairy images, which were gifted to me by my aunt about 3 years ago, she found a box full of this unmounted rubber stamps in a thrift store, all dirty and stained, she knows how much I love Faeries and stamping so she got the whole lot for $10.00, there are some amazing images of beautiful Faeries but this image here is the only one of a Dragon. 
I stamped him onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black ink and colored it with my new Derwent water color pencils, I love the lime green in this set, which was perfect to enter this challenges. I sponged the sky with Broken China ink and then, with a wet aqua painter, created some clouds by removing some of the ink from the panel.
I added a bit of Wink of Stella to this little guy for a bit of sparkle, here is a close up picture of it.


I just love the smile on his sweet face. The pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley, the rest of the CS is from my stash.
Here is a picture of this finished inside.


The sentiment is from a Flourishes stamp set called "Magnolias", I just love the font, the little Fairy on the mushroom is from my stash, I think I got this small stamp set from the dollar bin at the store.
Here is the color banners that inspired this card.

Double D challenge



Thank you for stopping by, I hope you go check out this fabulous challenges and give them a try, the colors are just perfect for Spring. 
Happy stamping, hugs from Maria.


18 comments:

Darlene said...

WOW that was quite a nice find you Aunt made and gave you! Your coloring is fabulous and love how you did the sky ... well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Feeling GREEN’ Challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Sonny said...

This dragon looks like he just had the best meal ! Wonder WHO he ate !! Really cute card and I think you nailed all of the challenge requirements !!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Darlene, I'm so happy I found your challenge blog, you can be sure I will keep on participating, I love it!!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Yup!! Sonny, he looks pretty content just sitting there, I love his very peaceful expression.

Patti Willey said...

Nice to see the Dragon out again! I've always enjoyed his purple wings, sitting on his rocky perch! I'm glad you've discovered what brand this box of stamps are from, you are one lucky owner and I now you'll take great care of them!

Mary Fish said...

Amazingly lovely dragon and take on these challenges!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I know, I should bring this stamps out again, but sometimes the challenges call for something different than Faeries.
I was so happy to find out about this company only to further discover that they went out of business, so sad.
I'm so darn lucky I have all of those stamps my dear aunt gave me.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, this image and all the others my aunt found in that dirty box, are just gorgeous.
I'm so thankful she gave them to me.

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! That gragon is seriously amazing! You did a lovely job coloring it!
Thank you so much for joining us over at The Card Concept!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Shannon, I love this dragon image, the rest of the stamps are just as beautiful and magical.

Kerin Sylvester said...

Ooh I love the sparkle! Great card! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Kerin, so glad you were able to see the sparkle.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, my son would love this! Great take on the inspiration photo!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

This little Dragon is so sweet, I love his expression looking out to the horizon.
Thank you for stopping by.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome dragon! Thanks for joining in at DD's.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Vicki, I adore this little Dragon and I was so happy to be able to share it with you guys at The Double D challenge.

LauraJane:) said...

Beautiful coloring on the dragon:) Thanks for playing at The Card Concept!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, Laura Jane.