Followers

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Up, Up and Away in my Beautiful Balloons.....

Hello everyone: I'm a little late with this post, I usually post early in the mornings but today, I've been super busy cleaning up my craft room and getting rid of stuff that was just cluttering it, (you know what I mean, right?)
Anyway, while I was cleaning the closet I spotted a rectangular box, skinny and tall, it was behind some bags of fabric and yarn, (that are already in the donation box for my 11 year old granddaughter's Art Club in school).  I grabbed this box and opened and inside were 5 rolls of beautiful, pastel colored Vellum, untouched and unopened, from Martha Stewart. There was also, 5 other rolls of Glassine paper in Red, Blue, Pink, Green and Orange, really pretty. But I digress.....The card I made today is for a couple of challenges, the Muse Challenge #155 and the CAS(E) this Sketch! which will close in about 16 hours, I already submitted a card, you can see it HERE if you'd like, it was posted on February 26th., I just wanted to give this challenge another try. Here is my card.


As many of you know, I adore the House Mouse mice, and this image is no exception, the only thing about it is that it belongs to a BIG stamp called "Fall Commuters", here is a picture of the whole stamp.

Can you find the little mouse I used? When I saw the Muse card I really loved it but, I didn't have an image that would really fit the challenge and then, I remember this stamp, so I grabbed it and, after a ton of washi tape for masking the rest of the mice, I isolated the one I wanted. After a couple of trials on scrap paper I was finally satisfied that all of the leaves and other mice were covered, I inked it up with Stazon Jet Black ink, removed the washi tape and,  holding my breath and hoping the Stamp-a-magig was not going to move, I stamped it onto my panel of Canson water color paper.
Phew!! the image came out perfect!!!
I sponged the sky with Broken China distress ink leaving some white spots to resemble clouds, then I sponged the bottom part with Peel Paint distress ink for the grass,  added some flowers and grass with some stamps from Purple Onion and Art Impressions, I colored my little mouse with the dark brown Prismacolor pencil and stamped the sign and the sentiment. 
Then, I grabbed my balloon dies and cut one with each color of Glassine paper, I love it, the paper is transparent and the balloons look real.


Using SU markers, I drew the string from each balloon to this little hands, the balloons are attached with a little piece of double sided tape.
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


The sentiment is from SU "Curly Cute" and the fireworks are from The Ton.
Here is the Muse card that inspired mine.

And the CAS(E) this Sketch! banner.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

26 comments:

Aileen said...

Maria, in Australia we would say 'you clever little vegemite'. Wonderful bright fantastic card. Love how you just used the one mouse and made those balloons. Not sure what glassin is but it sure works.

Bonnie said...

This mouse and balloons are fantastic, Maria! I that you punches the balloons from material that is opaque! So realistic! A very creative card!

Suchi said...

That mouse is adorable and such a fun take on Muse! :)
Suchi xx

Marika said...

Maria, these are so cute! Love, love love the first one!!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! I've never heard that expression before Aileen but sounds wonderful to me. Isolating this one little mouse was quite an undertaking but I love the results.
Glassine is a kind of waxy paper, it sometimes used to wrap candy and stuff like that.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, my first idea was to cut the balloons out of card stock but then I found this Glassine paper and that was it!!! I think from now on, I will make the balloons this way for my cards.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Suchi, I love this little mice.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Marika, this Muse card with the little elephant just gave me the idea of a flying mouse, LOL!!

Leigh Penner said...

Wow, you did a fabulous job masking -- great choice for the Muse Challenge, too! This is so fun!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Leigh, the masking took some patience, I really didn't think it was going to work but I'm so darn glad it did.

Patti Willey said...

Always fun to see what you've done with your mice! Lots of effort in this card I can see! I adore the lawn he's about to leave as these balloons are more than he can handle! Nice find in the closet Maria! I suggest you keep on cleaning who knows what treasure you'll find!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, I'm telling you, that box with the Vellum and Glassine paper was awesome to find, for the longest time I thought there were posters inside, sheeesh!!
This card did take a bit of effort and patience but I love how it turned out, I totally adore this mice.

Sonny said...

Do I get a prize for identifying which mouse you used from this stamp ???? Love that image of all those mice flying on the Autumn wind w/ Autumn leaves (thank heavens that is not real eeeeek)
Your card is adorable ...love your balloons ! I love love the transparency !!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! aren't those little critters just so adorable? Picture them holding on to their leaves and landing on your roof, Ha!
Thank you for stopping by, my friend.

ElizStewart said...

This is just too cute! The vellum balloons are a great idea. So love the little mouse...and the flowers in your background are beautiful!

Ardyth said...

Love the vellum for the balloons - the translucency is so perfect! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Eliz, this little mice are always so much fun on cards.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Ardyth, it was fun to play along with Muse this week.

Rahmat said...

Maria, that glassine paper is so fun, I thought it was colored tissue paper at first! What a fun card and for me the mouse stole the show. You really have fun stamps in your stash.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Rahmat, the glassine paper is really what made this balloons look so real, it's transparent and it shines, super cool. This big stamp is so cute and it took a bit of masking but I really loved the way I was able to isolate this little mouse for my card.

Bobby said...

That sounds like a lot of work to mask that stamp but it was so worth it. Your card is darling and those transparent balloons are the perfect final touch.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bobby, it was quite a task to isolate this little critter, I almost finished my last roll of washi tape, LOL!! but it was very worth it indeed.

Karren said...

This is adorable and a masterful masking job!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Karren, it was worth the time and trouble.

TaeEun said...

You made such an adorable scene, Maria! The glassine paper works really great as balloons! Congrats on being featured at Muse challenge!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you TaeEun, it took some mayor masking but love how it turned out!!
Thank you for your sweet congratulations, it was such a sweet surprise for my card to be picked at Muse!!!