Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Daisy Wishes.....

Hello everyone:  I love Daisies, they are such beautiful and simple little white or yellow flowers yet that are very unassuming, when they grow wild on my flower beds, I leave them alone, they add such a charming look next to the Hydrangeas and I often pick them for my mom.
The Addicted to CAS  challenge's CODE WORD "PETALS" made me reach for this image from a retired SU set called "Every Moment" to create my card, I'm also linking this card to the STAMPlorations June CAS challenge "Anything CAS goes with an optional twist of blue", (I didn't add the blue) and the CASual Fridays #149 with a theme of FLORALS,  here is my card.


Super simple and, I think, clean card to make, I used Antique Linen distress ink to stamp the daisy onto a panel of craft paper and I colored it with Prismacolor pencils, then I stamped the flower again onto a scrap piece and, after I colored some of the petals, I fussy cut them to place them near the flower to appear like they are blowing away from it, I stamped the sentiment, from a retired Flourishes set called "Pinwheels and Popsicles" with SU white craft ink and heat emboss it with clear embossing powder.
Here is a picture of the inside of my card.


The sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Whimsical Words".
Here are the banners that inspired my card.






Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

Stamp sets I used.





9 comments:

Susan said...

Perfectly CAS! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Susan, so glad you stopped by.

Mary Fish said...

I adore the simplicity of this!

Aileen said...

Maria, love how you have done this. Looks brilliant on Kraft card stock.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I kind of wanted to stamp another flower but decided to just keep it CAS.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, at first I was going to stamp the daisy on white card stock but I wanted to color it so I stamped it on Kraft paper instead.

Barb Ghig said...

Such a charming idea and I love that you chose Kraft for your card base! Beautiful card, Maria! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Barb, I don't use Kraft card stock often but when I do, I really like the results, this is such a pretty little daisy.

Linda said...

Beautifully CAS .... I love white on Kraft. Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge xx