Followers

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Let's Have Tea.....

Hello dear friends: I have some really awesome news!!! I've been asked to join the Shop Our Stash Challenge Blog Design Team and I couldn't be happier. I've come a long way from my very first post, but it was until much later that I started participating in challenges mainly because I'm a bit computer challenged.  Most of you who have followed me from by very humble beginnings know that I love this craft but you also know that I'm a bit challenged by all the techy stuff around blogging and posting pictures but, with the fabulous help of my more experienced blogging friends I've been able to learn a lot about this stuff since I started this little blog back on December 9th. of 2014 so, it's my privilege and joy to create my very first post for the Shopping Our Stash Challenge #255 with a theme of "Tea For Two", you can use Coffee also, here is my card.


This image is from a retired Flourishes set called "Let's Have Tea", I love this tea pot, I can imagine sitting with a dear friend having a cup of fragrant tea and chatting for a while.
I stamped the image onto Strathmore Multimedia water color paper with Dove Gray Stazon Ink and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter, the pattern paper is from Lili of the Valley and the ribbon from my bottomless drawer, I don't seem to be making any kind of dent in it at all!! 
I always like to finish my cards inside, this saves me a ton of time when it comes to mailing them.


Both the sentiment and the little tea pot and cup are from this same set.
I hope you give this challenge a try.  I'm linking this card to the IN{K}SPIRE_me challenge, I used their sketch to create this card.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


19 comments:

Lisa said...

As I am marvel your card, I am sitting out on my porch having my morning coffee. This beauty reminds me of a English tea party and my best friend. She makes the best English tea. Highlighting the teabag is great. The doily makes a statement also.

Aileen said...

This is such a pretty tea pot you have used. Beautiful card Maria and congratulations on being asked to join the Design Team. They are very lucky to get you, and your wonderful talent.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, this set was discontinued and I couldn't get it until, lucky for me, one of the DT members was selling her Flourishes images and I pounced on it, I love it!!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, I'm having a lot of fun with being on this great design teams, it's challenging because of me getting used to how things work but, that is part of the fun.

Patti Willey said...

Another lovely tea pot card! This pastime of leisurely tea must be one a habit in our busy American culture! Beautiful doily & ribbon this sketch perfect for your friendly tea setting! Congratulations !

Anonymous said...

I love tea and your card is very much to my liking! Thank you for joining us at Inkspire me and congrats at being part of the Design Team. Marion

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Marion, I'm having so much fun with this, for a total newbie like me, I'm walking on air. The sketch at IN{K}SPIRE is exactly what I needed for this card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I knew you would like this card, I know how much you like tea pots and pretty cups and saucers. How I wish we lived closer, I would love having tea and cake with you guys.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so pretty! I love how you added the doily!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Stacey, :)

Chris Dring said...

I love everything about this card! Brilliant to highlight the tea bag in the corner! This feels very English Tea Time! Way to start your DT gig on SOS!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Chris, this image is truly very sweet, makes me want to sit with a friend, sip fragrant tea and nibble on some crumpets and honey. It's a thrill to be part of this challenge DT., thank you for your warm welcome.

Anonymous said...

Such a great card and coloring :)
Thanks for joining us at In{k}spire_me!
All the best, Christine

Chana Malkah said...

Beautiful project! Nicely executed! So nice to have you on the team!
Hugz,
Chana

Mary Fish said...

You continue to astound me with your fabulous watercrafting skills

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Christine, had fun playing along.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Chana, it's a joy to be a part of this amazing group of crafters.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I'm so happy you stopped by.

lauren bergold said...

what a beautiful, elegant card! ♥