Followers

Saturday, June 11, 2016

We're All in this Together.....

Hello everyone: This image is NOT from a stamp, I sketched it a while ago from one of my grandkids school books, I just fell in love with this pair of baby Emperor Penguins. I took it home and stuck it right there by my work table wondering what I was going to do with it until I saw the Muse Christmas Visions challenge and then, I knew this little image was just waiting for it.  Here is my card.

Ok, I took a piece of Vellum and copied the image I drew with pencil then, when I was happy with it I went over it with a Zig Millenium .01 black pen being careful and making sure the lines were nice and even all around the images. Once I had this done then came the question, how to color this little guys so, I went to Google and looked for baby Emperor Penguins pictures and I saw they are kind of grayish but their heads are black. So I grabbed my black Prismacolor pencil and went to work, drawing soft lines and blending them with a paper stump that has very little baby oil.  For their faces, I went in the back of the Vellum with the white pencil, I did the same for the ice and snow under their little bodies.  I sponged a bit of blue for the sky and that was it. 
The sentiment is from my Power Poppy set called Sassy Succulents and it's stamped with Versafine Onix Black ink. 
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from the same set, the little bird on the corner is from a retired SU set called "Snow Much Fun".
Here is the Muse picture that inspired my card.


I'm linking this card also to the Crafting from the Heart "Anything Goes"
and
Crafty Sentiment Designs "Anything Goes".

Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

Stamps that I used.




24 comments:

Chriss Blagrave said...

Maria...this card is such a work of art! It seems that we were on the very same wavelength when we saw penguin scenes and saved them for a long time to eventually use for a card. I am so happy that you saved and created your scene for the MCV challenge this week! Love, love this! ❤️

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Chriss, this little image was just waiting for this challenge, I had it stuck to my desk for about 7 months, LOL!! I knew I wanted to make a card for it but I just didn't know when.
This little babies are so beautiful, I'm amazed how they survive in the wild, they are simply beautiful.
So happy you stopped by.
Hugs.

Ardyth said...

Wow! Well done - Isn't it wonderful when you hold onto something and then the perfect opportunity arises to use it! These little guys are adorable and this card is a perfect take on the inspiration! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Ardyth, every day when I looked at this piece of paper, I wanted to badly to use it but I really didn't know how, I needed the inspiration from Muse Christmas Visions and our Muse Chriss, this challenge was just what I was waiting for.

Patti Willey said...

Very clever! A great image for sure they look so cuddly!

Mary Fish said...

I just want to give those guys a big hug and a squeeze!

Birgit said...

This is such a cute and beautiful artwork Maria! Like the other comments above...love it!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, Emperor baby penguins are just so adorable.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Me too Mary, they are a soft and cute ball of fluff.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Birgit, I'm so happy I finally was able to use this drawing.

Aileen said...

Wow you are multi talented, what an amazing card. You have been so very clever. Totally love it

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, I love this cuddly little guys, so fluffy and sweet, I'm happy I finally made a card with them.

Susan Renshaw said...

I really love this! Super sketching!
Thank you for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!
Susan
DT for Crafting from the Heart!
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow these are just beautiful and your colouring is just a work of art!x

Jenni's Jems said...

Wow these are just beautiful and your colouring is just a work of art!x

Marianne said...

Love your sweet penguins. So happy you held on to your sketch until the time was ripe...

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Susan, so glad I found your blog.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jenni, :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Marianne, I'm so glad I held on to this little image too.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Love those little penguins! wonderful drawing! And the perfect sentiment to go with it! Great to see you playing with us at MCV!

ElizStewart said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! So much talent... I can't believe you can draw like that! You and Chriss... just beautiful!

Rachel Jolley said...

Your card is so cute, sweet and brilliantly done, love it!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, Celine :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Cornelia, I was so happy to finally use this sweet sketch of the baby penguins on a card. The Muse Christmas Visions challenge was just what I needed.