Followers

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Cracked Up!!!!!

Hello and welcome to a new challenge over at SHOPPING OUR STASH, this time we want you to use a Crackling medium.  I must confess that I have never, ever used anything remotely resembling this stuff, I tried to buy some but I couldn't find a small bottle or jar of it, only big spray cans with tons of instructions on how to get the "wore out" look on furniture so, here comes GOOGLE to save me from not being able to contribute a card to this challenge, which was driving me nuts.
I found several videos on how to make your own crackling medium and, after watching some of them THIS ONE seemed easy enough for me to try.  So here is my card, hope it's ok.


This crackled panel was the best of the batch I made, this morning I came to see if they were dry and two of them had fallen on the carpet and gotten full of fuss, 😠!!!!! from the 3 left I picked this one for my frame, the other two were not crackled enough.  After die cutting it I put it aside and concentrated on what to "frame" with it so I picked this image from an old Flourishes set called "With Gratitude".  I stamped the image onto a panel of Strathmore mixed media paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils, I didn't use the baby oil this time I kind of wanted it to look like a real painting. I added a few NUVO Translucent Jewel Drops in Lavender.
***********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Best Day Ever

So I hope you found some inspiration from my card to give the Crackling technique a try and join us in the gallery of SHOPPING OUR STASH, for more inspiration, hop over the blog and check out my teammates awesome cards. 
Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate each one more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Your panel turned out beautiful. beautiful colouring on the image and great design.

Mimi said...

Wow, totally cool, Maria! You made your own crackle??? Geez! Never did that! Well done, and now you have a new tool in your toolbox!

Chris Dring said...

Your crackled background is so vibrant and fabulous! Love the image you paired with it! Awesome card!

Patti Willey said...

Determined! That's you! Never backs off a Challenge! Amazing efforts here making crackle medium! Too bad about the carpet accident! This looks beautiful with your cone flower colored in pencils!

Mary Fish said...

love, love the background

Donna said...

Fantastic!!
Your crackled background panel is gorgeous!
Fab job on the challenge!!

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Maria,you would NEVER know that you didn't know how to do this. It's beautiful! I had to chuckle at your post though; how many times do we girls go GRRRRR when creating! Love the drop on the floor fuzz story. LOL Great job my friend. Hugs

lauren bergold said...

oh my gosh HOW CLEVER are you to have made your own crackle medium?! bravo!!!!!!!!!

The Craft Princess said...

Beautiful card...beautiful coloring...and fun technique!!! I have some crackling medium that I have never tried, but now I just might have to open the jar...lol...but I also want to go check out your link on how to make it...I love saving money :) Hugs...Janie