Followers

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Wilderness Awaits.....

Hello everyone: It's time for another challenge over at SHOPPING OUR STASH, in this challenge we would love to see you make a card that has Friends from the Forest, you know? wild birds, foxes, bears, deer, fish, etc. Here is the card I made with one of my favorite Stampin' Up! sets called "The Wilderness Awaits".

This amazing set came out in the 2015-2016 catalog and, as soon as I saw it, I wanted it immediately. This is a gorgeous set for Masculine cards, all of the images are perfect for the guys.
I stamped my fox onto a die cut piece of Strathmore mixed media paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with SU markers, an aqua painter and Prismacolor pencils for shadows and highlights.
The little wild flowers and the tall grasses in the back are from a set from Art Impressions.
The leaves are from a retired SU set called "Gently Falling" from the 2011-2012 Holiday Mini,which I've neglected for about a year, (for shame!!!😟), I love the realistic look of this stamps.
The background was embossed with the retired SU "Woodland" Textured Embossing Folder.
**********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The Sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set called "Around the Harbor", the leaf from "Gently Falling".
So there you go, hope you can go and dig some old and neglected stamps from your stash and join us in the gallery.
Don't forget to go take a peek at my teammates blogs HERE to see what they have created for your inspiration, then leave some comment love.
Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


6 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria, I can see why you wanted it. Coloured to perfection love it.

Patti Willey said...

Ok I fail to make masculine cards I should try harder! This guy is gorgeous! What a handsome fox!

lauren bergold said...

beeeeeautiful fox and the coloring is impeccable! <3

Donna said...

Fab fox image and I love the embossing folder you've used in the background!
You've got forest friends AND the forest!
Awesome ♥♥

Mimi said...

I do love this image. The way you've placed the boldly-colored fox amidst the white embossed trees gives the card a peaceful feeling. Very well done!

Sybrina K said...

Maria, What a lovely card with a wonderful design and great palette!