Followers

Monday, October 5, 2015

More Autumn x 3.....

Hello Everyone: I have another Autumn card to share with you and I'm linking it to this fabulous Challenges: Fab Friday sketch challenge, Time Out Fall inspired challenge and IN(K)SPIRE Autumn/Halloween Special challenge. Here is my card.
I probably sound like a broken record to you guys but, once again, I used an image from Flourishes, a company that sadly closed it's doors about 2 years ago, it was a sad day when I heard about it because all their stamp sets were just incredibly beautiful, this image is from one of them.
In the almost 3 years that I follow this company, I was able to accumulate a good stash of sets and then, when they announced they were leaving, I bought a whole bunch of them on the fabulous sales they held. Then, the DT started selling their stamps so I really went to town buying another good bunch, all of them with amazing images that I love. 
Now, I stamped this image onto Canson water color paper with Stazon  Jet Black Ink and colored it with the aqua painter and my SU markers in More Mustard, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler and Basic Gray.  The panel behind the image is made using the Paper Napking Transfer Technique which is super easy and fun to do, with so many beautiful paper napkin designs out there for any occasion, you can make your own DSP in a flash.
Here is a close up of this pretty napkin.
It has a little golden sparkle and the colors are just perfect for Fall. The only embellishment is a beautiful, retired SU button threaded with some hemp twine.
I hope you like this card, as always I appreciate your visit and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Till next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

26 comments:

Patti Willey said...

I love a tilted sketch like this and I bet you are the only one submitting one in gorgeous napkin background! Such a pretty topiary from Flourishes I for one am thankful you shared that company with me too! Luckily Marcella has opened Power Poppy so we can continue to collect!

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! This is absolutely gorgeous Maria!! I love the Fall colors, image and your take on the sketch too!! HUGS :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

You are totally right Patti, we all are super lucky Miss Marcy is still producing her wonderful designs for us to enjoy.
That napkin is so pretty, with the golden tones, this is such a fun and easy technique, you should give it a try.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Vicki, this napkins are just so pretty, this one was perfect for this sketch.

sandie said...

wow your colouring is superb and love your design. Great to see you at TO

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sandie, this is my first time playing along at TO because I just found it, I love it!!!

Sonny said...

Love these napkin creations . This is pretty with the Fall colors !

Bobbi Miller said...

Oh Maria, this is stunning! As always, your coloring is right on and I am not familiar with the napkin transfer technique. I'll have to check that out. As for Floruishes, I adore their stamps and was sad to see them go. But, you have told me something I didn't know. That Marcella from Power Poppy was a designer for Flourishes! NO wonder I adore their stamps. Now that I read that, I can see exactly that Marcy's drawings are indeed, what I saw at Flourishes. I REALLY REALLY need to buy some Poppy stamps, with this month's SS payment,. LOL Thanks for your beautiful creation today, it's just gorgeous! Hugs.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Sonny, I love this technique, with all the beautiful napkins out there, the possibilities are endless.

Marika said...

Great take on the sketch and this is perfect for Time Out! Love the layering and the frame behind looks really cool, Maria! Great work!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hi Bobbi, the napkin technique was a chance discovery for me on Pinterest and, when I tried it, I was amazed at the results. Now, Flourishes had the most amazing images, if you look closely at the little logo stamp that came with each set, you will see Marcella's name underneath the Flourishes name. I found out about Power Poppy because the designer team was with Flourishes years ago so, when Power Poppy was introduced to the world and I found out it was Marcy's project, I immediately registered and started getting her stamp sets. Get to the Power Poppy blog and store Bobbi, the prices are great and SH is only $3.00!!!!! Plus, Marcella always includes a little hand written note for you, with you name on it, thanking you for your purchase. Stay tuned, her Holiday release is on the 15th. of this month, I can't wait.
Hugs.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Marika, when I saw the theme at Time Out! I knew this image was going to be perfect.

Amanda Mertz said...

What a neat technique that I hadn't heard of before! Guess I'll be trying that one soon! I love your colors and color choices...they are absolutely lovely with that beautiful image. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bonnie said...

Again, such beautiful coloring! I love all the intricate details! And the napkin background is perfect! Thanks for sharing the link.

Andrea und Annemarie said...

A wonderful autumn card! I love the motive and how you colored and arranged it! Thanks for joining us at IN{K}SPIRE_me this week! ~ Annemarie

My Paper Cat said...

This card has an aura of wealth and opulence about it, perfect for the fruitfulness of autumn. Thanks for joining the fun at Time Out Challenges

Heike said...

Great coloring! Love the fall colors and the image you chose. Thanks for playing along with IN{K}SPIRE_me this week, Heike

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Amanda, I found this technique on Pinterest a while ago and I just had to try it, so easy and fun. Hope you give it a try soon.

Anita in France said...

Wonderful colouring, Maria ... such a fabulous autumn image, so beautifully framed! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, the napkin has such beautiful Autumn colors, it's a great technique, very easy to do.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Annemarie, I love the theme at IN{K}SPIRE_me, Autumn is my favorite season of the year.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you, I love that vase full of goodness, it really looks elegant.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Heike, I loved the Autumn theme at IN{K}SPIRE_me, it's my favorite season.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anita, loved playing along with Time Out!!

Brian King said...

SO absolutely beautiful, Maria! Your coloring is amazing - and the color choices here are out-of-this-world. Thank you so much for playing along with this Fab Friday sketch challenge!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank YOU Brian, it's so fabulous when you stop by. I loved this fun Fab Friday sketch and I can't wait to play again!!