Followers

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Let it snow.....

Hello everyone: I hope all your Christmas shopping is done, the Tree is trimmed and your Holiday cards are on their way to family and friends. This time at SHOPPING OUR STASH, we want to give you a break from making Christmas cards so, our challenge for next week is SNOW, SNOW, SNOW.
We want to see cards with snow, snowflakes, snow men, etc. anything with snow in it but not a Holiday card.  Here is mine to inspire you to join us in the gallery.


This image is from Purple Onion and it's called Snowy Winter Owl, from the fabulous Stacey Yacula collection, he is just adorable, don't you think?
I created this Winter scene all with Purple Onion stamps. I used the Birch Tree Background, the Snowy Fence and the Sign, only after I colored it, I snipped just the board and wrote the words myself, since I didn't have a stamp small enough to fit that said "Let it Snow".
First I stamped the fence then, I made a mask of it with plain copy paper and put a bit of Two Way Glue and let it dry so it would be just sticky. Then put the mask on top of my stamped fence and stamped the trees, finally I stamped the Owl.
Colored everything with SU markers, the aqua painter and highlighted all the images with a bit of Prismacolor pencils. I gave my little Owl some "feathers", hope you can see them.
When everything was dry, I applied some embossing paste, (used this for the first time ever) with a snowfall stencil, let it dry (it dries super quick) and then sponged a bit of Broken China for the sky.
I made the mistake of not sponging the sky first and then apply the embossing paste because my snowflakes turned blue when I was done so, to save my card, I grabbed the aqua painter and, one by one, I carefully applied a bit of water with the brush tip and quickly wiped it with a paper napkin, I was very happy that the snowflakes returned to their white color.
*****************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Sometimes, I combine several stamp sets to get the look or the sentiments I want and in this case, the sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Snow much fun" and so is the little bird playing with the snow ball in the lower corner.
So I hope you go dig up some old favorites in your stash of Winter themed stamps and join us in the gallery and don't forget to go check out my teammates blogs for even more fabulous inspiration.
Please read our rules, they are few and easy but necessary.
Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



7 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

super cute winter owl, great colours. No my shopping is not done, tree is not up but my holiday cards are in the mail.

Chris Dring said...

Adorable card Maria! I thought that was all one image but you masked, stamped, and colored this beautifully! WTG on using embossing paste for the first time!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Oh my gosh!! This is so incredibly cute!!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card Maria, snow owl looks wonderful as does your snow scene.

Mimi said...

Another sweet card, Maria! Lots of masking went into it-- you are much more patient than I! Speaking of holiday cards out, all of mine are NOT! There will be some New Years cards this year😶...

Mary Fish said...

Can't help but smile at your sweet snowy owl!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so adorable and sweet....
Happy New Year mf.
xx Karen