Followers

Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Cardinal Love.....

Hello everyone: I have another Holiday card to share with you today that will happily go into my Holiday card stash, I know Christmas is a long way off but, time flies and I want to be prepared.


This image is from a Power Poppy set called Cozy Cupfuls, I love this Cardinal couple, this birds visit the feeders all year round, love their song and their amazing colors.
I stamped the image onto Strathmore mixed media paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with, believe it or not, an empty Wink of Stella brush that I filled with water, (there's still some of the pretty glitter inside and it works perfectly) and my SU markers. Even though they are a bit dry because they are old and I use them a lot, they still give me enough ink to work with, I also used some of my Sakura Koi water colors. 
The sentiment is from the same set and I was able to curve it to stamp it there on the side using my MISTI. The gold frame was die cut with a Spellbinders set called "Oval Majesty" that I got on Ebay for about $6.00, free shipping, sheeesh!! I love a bargain!!!
The pattern papers are from a discontinued line from Lili of the Valley.
*************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from another Power Poppy set called Poinsettia and the little Poinsettia in the corner from a set called Merry Littles.
I'm entering this card onto the following challenges.

Power Poppy May Challenge "Frame It Up!"

Jingle Belles "My True Love"
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge "It's a Frame Up!"
The Cutie Pie Challenge #111 "Ribbon and Rubber"
Use Your Stuff Challenge #263 "Feathers"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




13 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Wow the female cardinal here is colored so beautifully! Congratulations on another Christmas card for your stash!

missgailly said...

Beautiful birds and colouring! Thanks for playing along at USE YOUR STUFF - Gail

Mary Fish said...

Always lovely, Maria!

Chris C said...

Your stamped birds are awesome!! Thanks for joining us at Use Your Stuff.

lauren bergold said...

oh my goodness, maria, i'm sorry i missed this wednesday night! sooooooooooo adorable and vibrant & of course it's PINK-- my favorite! brilliant addition to our "true love" gallery at JINGLE BELLES! ♥

Lorraine said...

I love that image. So sweet and colorful.

alice k. said...

Such a pretty card! Thank you for entering it in the UYS challenge.

SweetScraps said...

Very pretty, love the vibrant colours. Thanks for sharing with us at UYS!

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

You are so wise to be ahead of the game for holiday cards! I procrastinate every year even though it's not like I didn't know Christmas was coming! You did an amazing job on this card, too. The color palette is festive, yet original and I love the detailed frame. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

Julie said...

Great card, thanks for joining us at the Cutie Pie challenge.

Kathy Jones said...

What a gorgeous card!! Beautifully coloured and I LOVE the way you did the sentiment all multicoloured with the MISTI!! Such a clever idea and great result!! Thanks for joining us again at Power Poppy this month!! :)

Stacy Morgan said...

This is just charming! Oh so cheerful and sweet. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

Shona Hamill said...

Fantastic card, I love the bright colours. Thank you for sharing with the cutie pies. Hugs, Shona xx