Followers

Monday, May 15, 2017

Oh Sweet Pea.....



Hello everyone: Once again, we come to the half way point at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE and, once again, here I am with another card to inspire you to, either CASE me or one of my teammates. Your card doesn't have to be an exact copy of ours, we just want you to take any element on them, like the colors, layout, techniques, etc. and make your own card.
Please, mention on your post who's card you are CASEing and don't forget to please add our banner to your post, we sure appreciate that.
As always, when I'm not sure about the colors of flowers, I go to Google and I always find what I need, in this case I wanted to see how many colors Sweet Peas come in and, I was blown away by this picture.

I have never seen a real Sweet Pea flower before but this picture makes me want to maybe plant some Sweet Peas to, hopefully see them in person, they are just so beautiful.
So here is my card.


I stamped this image onto Strathmore water color paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with some of my SU markers and also, my Sakura Koi water colors, I wanted to get more or less the colors of those lovely flowers in the picture. 
I used an empty Wink of Stella brush that I filled with water, (you'll be amazed at how much of the glittery stuff is left behind after the brush is empty, mixing this with water loosens the glitter and works beautifully as an aqua brush, just make sure you shake it real good).
After I finished coloring, I embossed the panel with a retired SU embossing folder (it's name escapes me at the moment), and added a few Nuvo Jewel Drops, I love this stuff.
The sentiment is from the same set as the images.
************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finish inside of my card.


Sentiment and image from the same set.
I hope this card inspires you to join my teammates and me in the THE FLOWER CHALLENGE gallery, take a look at the amazing creations of the Design Team and CASE one of us.
You can CASE the colors, layout, technique, etc. we can't wait to see what you create.
Please remember to add our banner to your post.
Also, you can participate onto 10 challenges including ours.
Most of all, have fun.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my post, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



7 comments:

Mary Fish said...

Love your pretty card and sweet pea inspiration

Brian King said...

So beautiful, Maria! As always, your colors are so bright and vibrant! <3

Patti Willey said...

Happy Stamping! I hope you had a Mother's Day as beautiful as this Sweet Pea Bouquet!

TaeEun said...

The sweet pea flowers in the picture in rainbow colors are so pretty and so are your flowers on the card! I love the Nuvo Jewel drops too! They look so pretty on floral cards!

Karren said...

Sweet peas are just gorgeous flowers, so I encourage you to plant some. In the meantime, your card is just as gorgeous - beautiful image and colored so well.

Ruth said...

My granny had a very small garden. Mostly patio and a small plot. Every year she planted sweet peas and every year when we went to see her, they were in bloom. This just makes me think of her, so thank you. It's a gorgeous card and I love the bright colours, and especially the bright colours on the stamped image on the inside. xx

Viv said...

Another amazing card Maria,the sweet peas are so beautiful,I love them,they smell so gorgeous too btw. Great colouring as always too!😀 hugs Viv xx