Followers

Tuesday, May 16, 2017

"Life is Short.....buy the Fabric....."

Hello again, blog friends: I saw this quote at a Joan Fabrics store and I wrote it down, it struck me funny, like they were enticing us to "just go ahead and get it!!!" Now, for starters.....this card took some kind of doing, sheeesh!! From looking for my box of fabric pieces from my "quilting" days to actually think of a way to make a card with fabric for the SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge this week. 
When my girls were little, I used to make very simple little summer dresses, drapes for the kitchen and bathroom windows, place mats, and stuff like that but, alas.....that didn't last to long, I do have a sewing machine but, when I tried to use it to make a card front with THIS directions I found about how to sew it onto card stock, the darn thing didn't want to work so, I had to go to plan "B", the problem was that I didn't have one so, I came out with this idea that I hope you like and gets you inspired to dig your fabric (I bet you guys have tons of it) and join my teammates and I in our gallery. 


Thank goodness for the Stampin' Up! "All Dressed Up!" dies, (sadly retired, BWAA!!😞) but they saved my butt today. I used a few small pieces of this fabric that I fused to card stock with fusible fabric to make it easy to die cut. I used one of the dies to cut the top to make it look like a little jacket, added a few small pearls for buttons. The same with the little purse, the balloons are also die cut from fabric, I didn't want them to be made of paper, the ribbon and thread from my stash.
The sentiment is from SU "Teeny, Tiny Wishes", love this set, it fits perfectly on the Window Punch (retired) and that fits the Modern Label punch, (also retired).
*********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


I used the "Delicate Details" SU set (retired, sigh!!), the sentiment and little horn are from "Marcella's Mixetape Vol.1"
Now, here is a picture of the fabric I used for this card.


I was very happy to find this stuff, I can see me using it instead of DSP, there is more where this came from, really lovely patterns and colors, I'm going to be using it a lot.
So, I hope you feel inspired to join us in the SHOPPING OUR STASH gallery and share your creations with us.
For more inspiration, hop over to the challenge page and check out my teammates creations.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

8 comments:

Aileen said...

Fabulous card Maria, you are so darn clever. Wonderful top dress and handbag. Perfect

lauren bergold said...

what a cute and clever card! (& i totally agree on the "life is short, buy the fabric ethos, as well; tho for me it's usually vintage paper, lol!!!) :)

Donna said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh fab job with your fabric Maria!
Love that you made a dress and purse from the fabric!

Patti Willey said...

Now that's using your stash!

Mary Fish said...

splashy colors!

Mimi said...

Awww, too cute, Maria! The colors are so fun and girlie... and I'm sure you'd agree that the fabric texture just makes the card! I sew very basic things also, but hope to actually quilt in the future. My small town has a guild, and I always think, "Maybe they'll accept me..." LOL

Chris Dring said...

Love the bright bold fabric you used on this adorable card!

Birgit said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. It is a beautiful soul who takes care of a loved one when they can no longer care for themselves. You have difficult days for sure but I'm glad your one daughter helps you on occasion. I love your fabric card and that you could stitch directly to the card! This outfit is something I would wear for real...it is a perfect card for someone sweet