Followers

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Teddy and Train for The Retro Rubber Challenge.....

Hello everyone: This week's Retro Rubber Challenge is all about embellishing with Brads.  I must confess that I don't use them often, even if they are such a great addition to your cards so, I was very happy to see that we have a chance to give this tiny little embellishments their time in the sun.
I was wondering what stamp set I could use to really take advantage of this Challenge so, I went to my retired SU sets and I found the one set that will be perfect to use a bunch of brads.  The set is the adorable "Teddy and Train" and here is my card.
As you can see, this images are just as cute as can be and the little train, with all it's little wagons, is the perfect image to use some brads. Here is a close up so you can see how cute the "wheels" are.
I hope you like this card, I don't have anybody to give it too just now, but it's always great to have some cards like this at hand.
This time I colored the images with my Prismacolor Pencils and Baby Oil using paper stumps, I love the smell of Baby Oil but unfortunately, it wont last.  This is a very easy technique to color your images, all you do is softly apply the color with the pencils and rub it, using a circular motion, with the paper stump dipped in Baby Oil. Don't put to much color on the image, you can always add more to shade it as you go along.  Now, before I forget, here is the Retro Rubber Challenge sketch. RRBC12
I hope you enjoyed this card, I want you to know that I appreciate so much your visits and your comments. Thank you very much for stopping by.
Maria.

13 comments:

Patti Willey said...

That Teddy Bear is adorable! I hope you'll find a recipient for it soon so they can enjoy your card made with love!

Unknown said...

So sweet with the brads as trainwheels ! What a cute card and wonderful colours ! Hugs, Anita

Brian King said...

Cute use of the brads! Nice work as always!

Neva Cole said...

Beautifully colored card with a great use of brads. Thank you for joining us at RRBC this week!

Darlene DeVries said...

What a creative way to use your brads Maria - I love it! Your embossed corners are such a nice touch. You have wonderful attention to detail. :)

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Adorable! Your use of the brads as wheels is perfect! Love this!

LeAnne said...

This is super cute!

Unknown said...

This card is absolutely adorable! Wonderful coloration, Maria! It has been awhile since I used the baby oil and prismacolor pencils. And your brads are perfect for the train. Thanks so much for including Retro Rubber in your stamping fun this week!!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Maria! This card is beyond adorable. I love brads and all of those on your card make me happy! Your coloring is amazing! Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber!!

Dora B. said...

Clever use of brads for wheels! And teddy is sweet.

Debbie Mageed said...

Oh My! You used my favorite stamp set and totally knocked it out of the park! I am so happy that you thought to use the brads on the train. And I have never heard of using baby oil with pencils. I will have to google that one. Absolutely perfectly adorable card!!

Christine Traversa said...

What a sweet and creative idea! Thanks for doing the challenge!

Anonymous said...

Super creative use of the brads. I totally love your card Maria!!!