Followers

Friday, June 19, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #191

Hello everyone: This week's challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches challenge blog gives you the freedom of filling in the space in whatever way you want, here is what I did with this simple and fabulous sketch by Jennifer Timko.
I had this stamp for a while, because it's un mounted I put it in a box where I keep this type of stamps until I can remember to buy foam for them, which I haven't done yet, sheeesh!! I'm a busy grandma and the kiddos are on Summer Break, but I love this image from I Brake for Stamps called "French Flower Cart", I've never been to France but this is probably how this pretty carts look like.
Here is a close up of this pretty flower pots.
I stamped the image on Canson water color paper with Stazon Jet Black Ink and colored it with my Aqua Painter and a bunch of SU Write Markers, I always love how they blend so beautifully.
I hope you like this card, I surely enjoyed sitting at my desk on a sunny afternoon, working on it.
As always, I want to thank you for visiting my blog and for leaving me your comments, I read each one and appreciate them so much.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs.
Maria.

20 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Oh my word this image!! Right after my own heart I love it! I wonder why a company would sell an in mounted stamp? It should be mounted to a block or to cling foam! Huh!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh my gosh, Patti!!! so thrilled you received the right post, I honestly do not know what happened.
Glad you liked it my friend, I know you really love this kinds of images.
Hugs.

Sonny P. said...

This is pretty enough to frame . Such a pretty coloring job as always .
The colors are so bright and look like summer . You can almost smell those flowers !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you my friend, I can't believe this stamp was in that drawer for so long, it's so very French, LOL!!

Mary Fish said...

I need a lesson from you on how you use the markers, aqua painter and get such amazing results

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Oh Mary, thank you for your comment, if this is of any help, I do apply a bit of water to my stamped image with the big brush aqua painter and dab it with a paper tower immediately, then I apply a thin line with the marker at the very edge of the image and go in with the small brush aqua painter right away in a circular motion going down. If I need to apply more ink, I wipe my brush in a paper towel and let the area dry a bit or go to another part of the image and do the same, then go back and forth until I get the color just like I want it.
Thank you again for visiting.

Darnell said...

I think this beautiful watercolored card should be framed, Maria!! It's absolutely stunning!! Enjoy your day and thank you for the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

Brian King said...

Beautiful! You never cease to amaze me!

Mary Fish said...

Thanks for your wonderful tips. It sounds so easy. I need to keep trying!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Darnell, I can almost see this pretty cart on the streets of Paris, I hope I can go there someday.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Brian, I'm loving all of this challenges.

HJ said...

Oh, I love the image and all the colors and how beautifully you colored it. You are truly creative. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa said...

This is over the top! Amazing! Have you ever sat down and painted a watercolor picture?

Bobbi-spapertrail.blogspot.com said...

Maria, you are an amazing artist! I can actually imagine myself standing there, taking in all their glory. Not only do I love your coloring, but your shading around the flowers really pops everything...so real looking. I have unmounted stamps too; they are less expensive, but I don't seem to find the time to mount them on cling foam. I need to do that. Thanks for making my day so much brighter! Hugs.

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so beautiful and your coloring really brings those flowers to life! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Unknown said...

Feel like I have walked down one of the many shopping Boulevards in Paris! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Unknown said...

Feel like I have walked down one of the many shopping Boulevards in Paris! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Unknown said...

Feel like I have walked down one of the many shopping Boulevards in Paris! Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Unknown said...

Wow ! Stunning ! I really need to try colouring , maybe I'll can do it with lot of practise ... Make me want to tra the challenge too ;) .

Charlene Stalker said...

I always love the colors you chose. They are so pretty and go together so well. Thanks for sharing another great card.