Followers

Thursday, April 14, 2016

CAS Daisies.....

Hello everyone: This is CAS week at Addicted to Stamps and More so I made this card to participate in this challenge. I still struggle a bit with this style, sometimes I think I'm right on the money and other times I feel like I totally went to far, I don't know about this card but, here it is anyway.


At first I was going to use one whole panel of water color paper but I found this 3 1/2"x2 3/4" piece so I decided to just use it instead. I stamped the image from a retired SU set called "Every Moment", this daisy is just beautiful, I stamped it once with Stazon Jet Black ink and then, made a mask and stamped it again, I colored it with SU Hello Honey ink and the aqua painter, I added some shade with Baked Brown Sugar ink and some Garden Green for the stems.
I tied a little bow with linen thread and stamped the sentiment also with Hello Honey, I scored the panels to frame the image.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The greeting is from a retired Flourishes set called "Lots of Thoughts" stamped with Hello Honey, the frame is from another Flourishes set called "Country Charm Labels", stamped (second generation) with Wild Wasabi, the little basket is from Flourishes "Around the Harbor".
Here is the banner that inspired this card.

 
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




11 comments:

Sonny said...

Love your daisies . Such a pretty card and the scoring adds a special touch .

Patti Willey said...

Oh! Right on the money! Very classy CAS and this would make the most lovely Sympathy too, save that mask! Great layout and overall CAS design!

Bonnie said...

You've hit CAS perfectly with this, Maria! Love these daisies! Beautifully colored and framed!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, I too like the scoring as a way to frame an image.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I thought maybe all the layers were going to compromise the CAS design I had in mind, so glad they didn't.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, I love this daisies too, I'm so glad the CAS design I was after is there.

Marybeth said...

Clean ,simple and Gorgeous! Love that daisy!

Unknown said...

I had to tell you, also, Maria.... This is CAS perfection!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Marybeth, this set is just so pretty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Katy, I'm still learning about CAS, this is a work in progress but I do like how this card looks.

Monika Reeck said...

you did a great job at CAS
I normally never use many layers but you did it great
my CAS card nearly all one layer but yours so sweet and beautifully made
great CAS card see you maybe on my Blog? you can see under my CAS label :)
many thanks for playing with us at ATSM this week
hugs
Monika (DT Member)