Followers

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Wild Flower Tag.....

Hello everyone: Been busy this morning with my 75gal. marine aquarium, did a much needed  water change, it was a week overdue.
But anyway, I made a tag for the Tag You're It! challenge, who's feature designer is Michele Ferguson, here is my tag.

The image is from a Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley called Go Wild. I stamped the image with Versafine Onix Black ink on a tag I punched with the SU Scalloped Tag Topper using Ninah Solar White card stock, then I colored it with Prismacolor pencils. I also embossed just the left side of the tag with a retired SU embossing folder, I forget the name at the moment but maybe you can recognize it? Easy peasy, I tied a Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon on top and that was it.
Here is Michele's tag that was the inspiration for mine.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

16 comments:

Patti Willey said...

So pretty! They make lovely gifts too!

I Card Everyone said...

I love cherry cobbler, Maria ... wait. OH it's the gorgeous ribbon!! Just teasing! Your tag is so pretty! Thanks for playing tag with us ...
=] Michele

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, this little tag was a cinch to make, they indeed make great gifts in a pretty box.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Michelle, I love, LOVE Cherry Cobbler, it's one of the richest, most elegant shades of red.
Your inspiration tag is amazing, how can I not play?
So happy you stopped by.

Kara Lynne said...

Your tag is so gorgeous, Maria! Such a perfect stamp for the CASE and I love how you framed it with the embossing folder! Thanks for joining in on the fun over at Tag, You're It!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Maria, I love this tag, and what a perfect image! I love your coloring and agree that the Cherry Cobbler added such richness! And what a clever way to use that embossing folder! Hugs!

Zoechaos said...

Such a lovely tag the flowers are beautifully coloured while the embossing gives them an ideal frame. Very very wel done. Thank you for your comment on my card the closing lip was made with a punch used 3 times. I'v not seen these for sale in the UK for some time now. XOXO

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Kara, I was just going to score the tag on it's sides but decided to emboss it instead.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Cheryl, this image is one of my favorites on this set, I think the partial embossing really enhances this pretty flowers.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Zoe, and thank you also for answering my question about that gorgeous closing on your card, it's such a lovely detail.

Mary Fish said...

Such a pretty tag. Love the touch of embossing, Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, the edge of this EF was perfect for this little tag.

cm said...

WOW! In awe over the gorgeous floral arrangement you've created using Prismacolour pencils! The partial embossing is the perfect special touch. Love x love this! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Tag, You're It gallery!
~carol

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Carol, I love using embossing folders to create edging, one more way to make the most of what you have.
Prisma pencils have such lovely shades, they were perfect for this tag.

Jeanne J. said...

This is so beautiful Maria! The embossing makes this tag so elegant and your coloring is beautiful!

Erin (Homemade Cards by Erin) said...

The embossing is such a nice touch to this tag, beautiful job, many thanks for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.