Followers

Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A card for Elysha.....

Hello everyone: Today I'm sharing a card I made for the daughter of a dear crafting friend of mine who lives on the other side of our World.....AUSTRALIA!!!!! Her name is Aileen Ryan and  her blog's name is Colour and Sparkle.  I've never had a friend from all the way Down Under so, this is truly exciting for me. Here is the card I made for Elysha and I hope it endures the long Journey and arrives in one piece so the birthday girl can enjoy it.


Aileen told me that her daughter loves the color pink and purple so I used those colors to make this card.  The image is from a retired Flourishes set called "Pinwheels and Popsicles", I stamped it onto a piece of pink card stock and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils. I made the shaker using the Cross Stitch die from Gina Marie Designs, the beads are from my local craft store, the sequences from SU, the pattern paper from Lili of the Valley (retired), ribbon from my bottomless ribbon drawer, I can't seem to make a dent, I'm not constantly buying so I guess I need to use it more.
************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside. I apologize for writing a little message for Elysha before I took the picture, I was just so excited and eager to get this card in the mail ASAP. Aileen asked to write in big letters so that's what I did.  The little dashing Hedgehog is from Penny Black, I stamped it masking the balloon and die cut my own in Elysha's favorite colors, I also colored this cute little guy with Prismacolor pencils.
The sentiment is from Power Poppy's Potted Primroses


I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.
Can You CASE It? Challenge #138 "Shaker Cards"
cyci138

Deep Ocean Challenge #138 Anything Goes.
City Crafters Challenge Blog week #330, use pencils. I used my Prismacolors.
Die Cutting Divas Challenge #284 "Birthday".
The Unicorn Challenge #13, Birthday.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


13 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Wow look at that decorative inside too! I hope this arrives Down Under safely she's sure to love it!

Stella said...

Your card is a gift of its own:) The inside of your card is just as stunning as the outside. Elysha will be over the moon when she gets this. Gorgoeus! And perfect for our theme. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

Brian King said...

How fun! Such a great card - and for a wonderful, new friend.

Aileen said...

Ohh Maria, this is so so perfect. She will be so excited when she opens this. I could not ask for a better friend Maria, she will be so very excited I can see those shaking hands and the glow of absolute pleasure on her face. You will make her day as you have mine xxxAileen

Unknown said...

Maria, WOW! Fun card and great colors. You rocked the Shaker. Thanks for playing along with CYCI. ~Pam

Mary Fish said...

The card is such an amazing, creative gift. Don't you love how we connect worldwide with our love of stamping!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jackie and congratulations on the first year Anniversary for the Unicorn Challenge Blog. It was fun to help you guys celebrate.
Wishing you many more years of fun challenges ahead.
Hugs.

Eva Bussom said...

Totally adorable shaker, love the stamping and your design! Thanks for joining CYCI :) Eva

Dawn Fields said...

Maria, very pretty card. So "sweet" on the outside and inside. Thanks for joining us at CYCI! Dawn

Unknown said...

Super fun birthday card!! Love it! Thanks for joining CYCI! Laura

Ros Crawford said...

What a fabulous card this is!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

The sprinkles for the cake as a shaker? GENIUS!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Can You Case It!

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie