Followers

Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Everything's Even Rosier.....

Hello dear blogging friends: There is a new challenge over at SHOPPING OUR STASH for you to play with, this week we want you to make your cards with ROSE IMAGES. With Mother's Day just a few weeks away, this could be your chance to make some beautiful cards for all the Moms in your life.  Here's my card, and I hope it inspires you to join my teammates and I in our gallery.


This beautiful image is from a Power Poppy set called Everything's Even Rosier, another gorgeous set of images by the amazing illustrator Marcella Hawley, I adore the detail of this images that are a joy to color. I stamped the image onto a piece of Strathmore mixed media paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with SU markers and Antique Linen distress ink, added a bit of shadow with Prismacolor pencils. 
The pattern pattern papers are from my stash of discontinued Lili of the Valley and the ribbon from a stash of bits and pieces of left overs, this one was just the right size.
I added a few NUVO Jewel Drops that I made myself, I'm becoming addicted to this wonderful product, the colors are gorgeous and they dry translucent.
*******************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from another Power Poppy set called Azalea, I think it compliments the sentiment in front very well. I stamped this other rose image with SU Crisp Cantaloupe.
So, go dig out your stamp sets or single stamps with roses on them and join us in the SHOPPING OUR STASH gallery, we can't wait to see what you make.
Be sure to visit my teammates blogs to see how they made their beautiful creations and leave them some comment love, we all love to read your thoughts.
Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

6 comments:

Patti Willey said...

More than beautiful! Love this rose and your jewel drops! Perfect for. Mothers Day indeed!

Mimi said...

What a lovely card -- I love how colorful it is, and how you managed to keep it very bright and open. These roses are gorgeous. (I have a back-full of rose tattoos that look like these, in black. 🖤 but if they were colored, I'd want them like this!)

Mary Fish said...

What a rose and I adore those pretty droplets!

Chris Dring said...

Dang woman, your coloring skillz are off the chart!! Just LOOK at that gorgeous rose!! Wow! Fabulous card!

Donna said...

What a great idea to make a Mother's Day card (wish I had thought of that!!)
So beautiful!
And ya...WOW what Chris said, your colouring is AMAZING

Viv said...

Wow it's sooo very lovely Maria ;) hugs Viv xx