Followers

Monday, October 16, 2017

Ahh!! Spiders.....they are awesome!!!!!

Hello everyone: Sometimes I wish I would have started stamping sooner than I did, which is back in 2010 more or less. I often go to Pinterest for some inspiration which I always find but, I also find cards that totally stop me in my tracks and I sit here wanting to have the stamp set that was used to create them. If I'm lucky enough, the creator of the card gives the name of the set and that sends me on the hunt and, if it's current, it's easy to find but, when it's OLD, then it's more difficult.
Ahh!! but I'm stubborn as.....and, when I want something bad enough, I'll move Heaven and Earth until I get it, maybe that's the IronMan in me, who knows but this is the case of this two images on my card, I saw them therefore, I had to have them, thank goodness for Ebay!!!


Does any of you recognize this images? They belong to two different stamp sets.
The Spider is from a 2006 Stampin' Up! set called "Best Friends", the Cauldron is from a set of two stamps from a company called "Just Animals", which I never heard of.
Anywho, I wish I would have started stamping back in 2006 because I would have bought this set immediately but that was the year of my first Iron Man Triathlon so, all I did was train like crazy, every day for 10 months, which was great because I had a fantastic race.
So, I stamped both this images on watercolor paper with Versafine black ink and colored them with some SU markers and Sakura Koi watercolors. I sponged some black ink around them to make some smoke, LOL!! the sentiment is from my stash.
I'm going to be creating more cards with this fantastic images so I hope you can stop by the rest of the week to see them.
***********************************************************************

Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The images here are both from a retired SU set called "Dark and Dreary" from the 2010 Holiday Mini catalog, love this images.

I want to enter this card onto the following challenges.

The Paper Players, I hope the "smoke" still makes this card CAS.

Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #113 "Halloween Hoopla"
Crafty Calendar Challenge October challenge "Halloween"
The Crazy Challenge "Halloween"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

8 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Maria, I can see why you'd be crazy for both the cauldron and the spider! The colouring is fabulous - the flames are leaping off the page at me. The sentiment is excellent and made me laugh. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players this week.

Brian King said...

I love the smoky feel of the spider card. Such great projects!

Mary Fish said...

Much more adorable than scary!

Sonny P. said...

Love the coloring ....I am hoping that poor spider doesn`t fall in that cauldron !! I will be leaving now quickly .....alone hopefully !!

LeAnne said...

I can see why you hunted these stamps down, they're fabulous, especially with your coloring! I am wondering what kind of watercolor paper is your favorite? I've been hearing all different types so it's hard to decide which is the best! Thanks for sharing this with our Paper Players challenge this week!

stampwithsandy said...

Your Ebay story cracks me up Maria, I am the same way! Relentless! Fabulous card, that cauldron is wonderful and you've colored it beautifully. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Jeannie said...

Hi Maria! Very cool creation inside and out and really fun too. Thanks so much for joining my Halloween Hoopla blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys

Planetsusie said...

Great piece of work although I must admit to hating those eight legged beasties! Gorgeous cauldron though. Thank you for entering the Crafty Calendar (Halloween) Challenge this month. Lots of luck and I hope we see you again soon. Hugs Sue Pxxx DT