Followers

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

I LOVE TO TRI!!!!!

Hello dear blogging friends: I guess by now, the picture on my blog lets you know I'm a Triathlete. The Sport of Triathlon is very dear to me because I've been able to accomplish the dream of becoming an Iron Man. 
Some of you might not heard of this race so, without going into to much detail about it, (which I tend to do since I love it so much) the Iron Man Triathlon consists in swimming 2.4 miles in a lake or the ocean, biking 112 miles and then, running a 26.2 Marathon.  The thrill of completing one of this grueling races is beyond amazing and I've done it 3 times!!!!!
So, when I learned that the theme for this week's challenge over at SHOPPING OUR STASH was "SPORTS" the first one that came to my mind was Triathlon.  I don't have any stamps for this sport so I had to get creative and figure out how I was going to make a card with this theme.
So, I went on a hunt on the net and I found THIS CARD that I used for my inspiration.


I put the image of the card on my computer screen and traced the little figures onto a piece of Vellum. Then I remember I had a set of  old dies with wavy designs on my stash and I thought they would be perfect for replicating the design on the card on Pinterest.  After I cut the card stock with the dies, I positioned them on my watercolor paper panel to figure out where I was going to draw the figures, I  then held the lines with a bit of tape and took this panel to the light box, where I traced the figures with pencil and then, fill them out with a black watercolor pencil and a small brush.
The words were printed on the computer and punched out with the SU Word Window Punch.

**********************************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


This sentiment is done using two stamp sets, the words are from an old Flourishes set called "Old Fashioned Florals" and the stars are from a Fiskars "Graduation" set.

So, whether you have some sport stamps in your stash or not, we hope you get creative and come and join us in the SHOPPING OUR STASH gallery, we can't wait to see what you make.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

11 comments:

Chris Dring said...

What an amazing card, Maria! So clever how you cased that inspiration card! Love it!

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous card, it is so awesome you honoured the sport you love, I am a "watcher" not a participant in the sport, btw love when the Olympics come to tv. (hubby not so much) I love how you improvised with the dies and the figures. Awesome job. Congratulations on doing three Ironman Triathlons.

lauren bergold said...

holy wow, maria, i didn't realize you were are 3x triathelete!!!!!!! that's *AMAZING*! as is this clever & beautiful card! ♥

Leslie Miller said...

I did know you are a triathlete and that is something to be very proud of! You amaze me! I feel happy at my age to be out skipping around with the dogs, hiking and climbing the dunes, exploring The Great Outdoors, but an Iron Man I am NOT! You should frame this card and hang it on your wall. It's so cute and very creative how you came about it. Love the different stitched borders for swimming, biking, and running!

Donna said...

WOW this is amazing teammie!!!
Love it!!!!

Mary Fish said...

this goes hand in hand with your blog banner! cool idea!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Now this is one super cool card, Ironwoman!!!! Hugs, Cornelia

Patti Willey said...

I posted this Morning Maria and checking to see if it Stuck! Nope! I'll type again, So proud of your card and your commitment to the training and competing three different times! This looks fabulous! You're going to have to keep this one right on the desk!

Mimi said...

This card is very clean and balanced, so way to go on your handmade CASE (which I MUCH prefer over the original), but of course the amazing thing about this post is truly your reminding us what exactly an Iron Man triathlete accomplishes! Incredible achievements, Maria! I'm guessing you have triathlete pals you might send this to.

Darnell said...

Your card is absolutely amazing, Maria, just like you are!! I'm so impressed! Our son is doing Triathlons now and for a kid who was not the least bit athletic until he turned 38, we are mightily impressed by him, too!! Keep up the good work with the Tris and with your cards! Hugs, Darnell

America said...

Maria this fun card is super clever and so neat! WOW YOU ARE incredible! Way to go! :)