Followers

Tuesday, May 15, 2018

A Little Reminder.....


Hello everyone: THE FLOWER CHALLENGE has reached it's halfway point so, here's my second card for this challenge in which we're asking you to create a card using either Vellum or Acetate.
I created my first card with Vellum so, I wanted to give the Acetate a try.  After a few failed attempts at actually stamping on it, I decided to just create a window using it.  I hope the glare of the lights are not as noticeable, it was a real pickle to take this picture😕


I have this beautiful paper that I get when I buy stamp sets from POWER POPPY, Marcella Hawley always wraps the sets with this lovely paper and I save those strips every time, this one came in real handy as a background for my card.
The die cut flower is from a very old die set from Sizzix called "Flower Lily" but unfortunately it's discontinued😢
I used a piece of watercolor paper to die cut it and then, sponged the flower with Distress Inks and colored the stamen with SU markers. The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Dynamic Duos: Peonies and Tulips.

************************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from another Power Poppy set called Sunny Harvest.

I would like to play along with the following challenges.

Dare 2BArtzy May Challenge "Dreaming of Flowers"


Make My Monday Challenge #71 "Hints of Summer to Come"

The Paper Girls Challenge #151 "Friendship"

I hope you come and take a peek at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE reminder post to see the gorgeous creations my teammates have to inspire you and then, come and play along.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

13 comments:

Ericka Strange said...

Great card and I love the bright yellow with the dark blue. SO pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Maria, the acetate adds a whole extra beautiful design element to your card! I love the paper, the angle, the lily and - oh, my - the warm, summery colors. You've reminded me how much I enjoy the quote you used inside, too. I'm always reaching for the sentiments in my Power Poppy sets!

Brian King said...

Such a cool and interesting image! Love the card!

meg said...

Bright summer colours and a beautiful die cut, it looks amazing against the dark panel,thank you for joining us at MMM.

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria, isn't that background paper wonderful. I would keep it too, so pretty. Your flower is a wonderful colour and really stands out well against that background. Perfect photo

EmmaT said...

Beautiful card and insert. Love the vibrant colours. Thank you for joining us at MMM. Emma

Mary Fish said...

Beautiful paper, Maria!

ElizStewart said...

Maria...your use of acetate is so creative is so creative! And you are right...the patterned paper is just beautiful! Thank you so much for joining the Paper Players this week!

Inkyfingers said...

This is such a pretty card and the acetate window looks great. I can see why you saved that gorgeous paper!

TaeEun said...

Oh! The patterned paper is just beautiful and makes great contrast to the red lily you added!
Love the tilted window!

Bobby said...

The large lily adds a dramatic touch to that wonderful patterned paper, Maria.

Cazro said...

Very pretty and dramatic. So pleased you played along with us at MMM. Caz DT.

Viv said...

Sorry so late commenting this time Maria!super card, great use of acetate and just adore that amazing bright flower too ;) hugs Viv xx