Followers

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

A Mother's Day Vase Garden.....

Hello Everyone: Mother's Day is approaching so the SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge's theme is Mother's Day.
Here is my card to inspire you to come and play with my teammates and me in the gallery.


This image is from a very old stamp by Impression Obsession called Spring Vase, which was a gift from my dear friend Patti Willey many years ago.
I stamped this image with Stazon gray ink on gray drawing paper and colored only with Prismacolor pencils, I've been having a lot of fun with my pencils, I just love the look and texture you can get with a few flicking motions.
This stamp has a greeting that says "Happy Spring" but I just inked up the edges of it with a Soft Suede SU marker and a Tempting Turquoise SU marker for the flower, then I stamped the Happy Mother's Day using the greeting from the "Teeny, Tiny Wishes" (SU retired), the little flowers on the corner were stamped using a little image from Arts Impressions.
I went over the folded sentiment card on the panel with an aqua painter and a bit of water then, fussy cut it and glue it to the panel, I think it gives a really nice contrast to the gray background.

**********************************************************************

This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called BEST DAY EVER, the butterfly it's maybe from Penny Black, I lost the info on this set, I'm sorry.

So I hope you come to the SHOPPING OUR STASH challenge blog and join us in the gallery.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous colouring (I want to get my pencils out now) Great design, love the layer under the postage stamp die-cut.

Chris Dring said...

Your coloring is amazing on that beautiful image! What a lovely card!

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh soooooo very very pretty! gorgeous coloring, maria!

Brian King said...

Such a gorgeous image and beautiful colors! <3

Patti Willey said...

Wow! I guess I really need those pencils! Lol! I'm glad you can utilize this stamp it gave me fits and you have certainly brought it to life my friend!

Mimi said...

Wonderful card-- so bright and cheerful (like many of your cards)... This will uplift whoever receives it! (Amazing coloring, but the way!)

Donna said...

WOW that is a gorgeous arrangement of flowers and you've colured them just perfectly!
Lovely for a mother's day card!!
Fab job teammie!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my word, what a beautiful stamp! And the color! You're so GOOD with the pencils. Love how the stamp has the little note card propped by the vase for the sentiment. Incredibly gorgeous, Maria!

Aileen said...

ooh wow this is so beautiful, your pencil colouring is out of this world. Fantastic card Maria.