Followers

Monday, July 15, 2019

A Delicious Garden Twofer.....

Hello everyone: The fabulous ladies at the TWOFER CHALLENGE never cease to surprise me, each challenge prompt word has been fun and, well.....challenging too. Here are my cards, together first then, individually.


I wish I had a thumb GREEN enough to grow these amazing Veggies, the most I've grown is a few herbs and a couple of tomato plants that, amazingly enough, gave us some pretty nice tomatoes last year. 
But this gorgeous pile of veggies from a Power Poppy set called "Farmers Market" makes you feel like an expert gardener.


This is a "Get Well" card.
I stamped the image on watercolor paper with Versafine black ink, clear heat embossed it and colored with Sakura Koy watercolors, the pattern papers are from a retired line from Lili of the Valley, the "get well wishes" sentiment is from a retired SU set called "Teeny, Tiny Wishes", the other one from an old flourishes set called "From the Garden".
***********************************************************
 This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from Penny Black, the apples from the same Power Poppy set.

*************************************************
Here's my Twofer card.


This is a Birthday card.
I stamped this image the same way but this time I did a bit of fussy cutting on the bottom veggies, the "Happy Birthday" sentiment is from SU "Teeny, Tiny Wishes", the "Way to Grow" from the Power Poppy set.
I added a strip of striped paper I save from all the Power Poppy stamp sets I get, I cut it to put the sets on their plastic envelopes, I think it's so colorful and it looks really awesome as an added detail, don't you think?
The little watering can is a button from my stash.

********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The border is from SU "Bordering Blooms", the sentiment from Penny Black and the little sprig of Chives from Power Poppy "Sage Advice"

I'm playing along with the following challenges.


July Challenge "Anything Goes"
A Place To Start


Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
XO
Maria.


6 comments:

Darnell said...

I think they call this great image "Farmers Market" because so many of us get our veggies that way, Maria, rather than grow our own! I'm so glad you had it for this month, Maria! It looks great on both your designs and your coloring is fabulous! Your layering and use of pp, sediments, and pretty bows finish your designs beautifully! I love that awesome watering can button bling and how you cleverly used the striped paper from Power Poppy in your design! Thank you for playing in Twofer Card Challenge #18! Hugs, Darnell

Rachelle Oltean said...

This is such a pretty card! I go to the local farmer's market every week and this is exactly what it looks like here in North Carolina right now! : ) I like your layout and the simple way you embellished the main image(I really LOVE the watering can!) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at A Place To Start!
Rachelle - DT@APTS

Cat Craig said...

Your colored vegetables looks so vibrant and ready to enjoy. You've showcased them beautifully in your twofers with the lovely papers and sentiments. I too am enamored with your little watering can. Thank you for joining in at the Twofer Card Challenge #18.

Chana Malkah said...

Great card, Maria! Your watering can is so cute and you did a fabulous job of coloring the vegetables. I almost missed the turkey! Thanks for sharing your work with us at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner/Designer
A Place to Start Challenge Blog
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I love this stamp set and it's perfect for our Twofer Garden challenge! I have this image in digi, too. Printed it last fall but never got around to coloring it. It makes the most colorful and fun card! Why have I never thought of veggies for a get well card? Making a note to self. You're doing a great job with your patterned paper, and the Power Poppy packaging makes a perfect border strip! Oh, and look at that little watering can! Two awesome Twofer cards, Maria!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Maria… Thanks for joining our ‘use more than 2 papers’ challenge with your lovely vegetable cards. Please join us again next time at Crafty Friends Challenge Blog. Good luck in the draw!
Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]