Followers

Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Knit, Knit,and Knit some more...........

Hello everyone: When I was about 9 years old, my maternal grandma taught me how to Knit and Crochet, besides teaching me how to bake with yeast, make cakes and cookies and a lot of Mexican dishes over the years up until I left home at 21 as a brand new bride.


When I saw this beautiful set from Flourishes back in November of 2012 I bought it on the spot, it reminded me of my sweet grandma, her room with her sewing machine, her drawers full of fabric, yarn, and crochet threads and the warmth of her hands as she was guiding mine through the movements of needles and hook, sweet, amazing memories!!
I stamped the image on watercolor paper with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed it then, colored it with SU markers.
I embossed the back panel with the beautiful SU embossing folder called "Tufted 3D", I love the quilted look it gives your card stock, the pattern paper is from an old and retired like from Lili of the Valley.
**********************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


I embossed the top with that beautiful EF, the sentiment is from the same Flourishes set.

I would like to play with the following challenges.

The Card Concept
I was inspired by the colors.
Clean and Layered.


Stinkin' Inkers Challenge
"Warm Up"
Stinkin' Inkers Challenge Blog

Thank you for stopping by, your comments always make my day.
Hugs.
Maria.

4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I didn't realize this was ever a Flourishes set. I have it as a Power Poppy digi and love it. When I saw your title it was the first thing I thought of. I adore the warmth of your card with the colors you chose and the quilted background. So beautiful, Maria! The days with your grandma sound wonderful, too.

LeAnne said...

I looooooove this, Maria! That describes my craft area too..yarn, fabric (stamps, ink, paper), etc!! What a sweet image and you've colored it so nicely! Love the papers and background too! Thanks for playing with us at the Card Challenge this week with this sweet confection!

Sonny P. said...

Such a warm and cozy picture . The colors and quilted background just make this a great card for this time of the year.
So pretty !

StampinwithAnita said...

My mom was an award winning knitter, too! This card definitely gives a warm fuzzy feeling. Thanks so much for playing with us at The Card Concept!