Followers

Wednesday, August 12, 2020

In Love With These Poppies......

Hello everyone:  I hope you and your families are doing well, please take care of yourselves, wear a mask and keep your distances, I truly believe these are some of the most important things we can do, to help contain and eradicate this virus.
God Bless us all.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the beginning of July, my dear friend Brian King (www.stampwithbrian.com) had his now famous Spring "Sending Love One for One Card Swap", in which he asks his followers to create a handmade card, send it to him and he, in turn, will send the cards randomly, back to us. It's fun because you can receive a beautiful card from somewhere here in the good USA.
Oh, and by the way, he has a "Holiday One for One Card Swap" too so stay tuned and I hope you participate.
This is the card I made for his Spring One for One Card Swap.



When I saw this Stampin' Up! die set on the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog I immediately knew I was going to get it. It has a stamp set but I just got the dies, I figured I could still create pretty cards this way.
I don't know about you but I save magazine pages that have pretty colors advertising from wall paint to nail polish to delicious food just to see color combinations and, like on my card, I used the page to die cut the flowers, buds and leaves. I added some shading to the flowers with Prismacolor pencils.  I used the Spellbinders "Hemstitch Rectangle" dies to frame my bouquet, I added some enamel dots from Gina Marie Designs.
I can't remember where the die-cut sentiment is from, I'm sorry.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This is the INSIDE of my card.


The border is from a retired SU set called "Delicate Details" (2017 SAB),
the sentiment is from a 2016 Power Poppy set called In Praise of Sunflowers, which, by the way, is on sale right now!! It's a gorgeous stamp set.

I want to play along with the following challenges.

All about the Flowers.
The Diva's that cut ....paper!

Green Thumb for Flowers

"In The Dark"

Anyway, thank you for stopping by today.
Stay healthy and safe and please, wear your masks.
XO
Maria.












9 comments:

Glittered Paws said...

Oh what a pretty card - and love the idea of looking in magazine for inspirations. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

LeAnne said...

Beautiful card, Maria! I love it!

Sonny Peterson said...

Love the vibrant pink ! Putting it with black just makes those pretty Poppies glow !
Pretty card !

Patti Willey said...

It’s so fun to swap cards with other paper crafters! Someone will be so thrilled with your creation!

Leslie Miller said...

Those flowers are amazing! I also love the leaves cut from a magazine page. I don't get magazines these days, but there was a time I used them a lot in my stamping. Emboss in gold on a glossy colorful page, then cut it out -- looks amazing. That was before die cutting. You probably remember before die cutting. Ancient history! Utterly gorgeous card, Maria!

Heather said...

This is gorgeous!! Those flowers are just stunning and I love the bit of fun pop of color on the leaves! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Laurie Unger said...

wow - this IS amazing! Thanks for playing in the DCC over at The House That Stamps Built.

Arlene said...

The flowers on top of that black background really stand out - stunning effect. So glad you joined us for our “All About the Flowers” August challenge at Die Cut Divas https://die-cut-divas.blogspot.com/.

Cat Nowak said...

Beautiful card, those flowers are stunning on the black. Thank you for playing with us at Heart 2 Heart!