Followers

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

IRON STRENGHT.....

 Hello everyone: I always hope that you and your families are doing well, taking care of each other and keeping safe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm guessing that the picture of me on top of my blog page lets you know that I'm a Triathlete, an Iron Man Triathlete to be more specific.

I've been a swimmer from a very young age and I competed in this sport through my Junior High and High School years in Mexico.

I kept competing with the US Masters Swimming Club for a number of years back in the mid 80's, early 90's and then, in 2003 I discovered the sport of Triathlon.

Long story short.....I competed in this sport from 2003 through 2011 and let me tell you, those are some of the most rewarding and amazing years of my life.

The Iron Man Triathlon is a 2.4 mile swim in open water, (lakes or the ocean), followed by a 112 mile bike ride, usually on the back roads of the host city and then, a 26.2 mile Marathon, all in the span of 17 hours.  The race starts at 7am. and you must cross the finish line at the stroke of midnight.

It's a grueling race, not for the unprepared, you must come to the starting line with the knowledge that the day ahead will be hard, painful and exhausting but also, with the firm conviction that it will be glorious the moment you cross that finish line.

I've done 3 of these races plus many, many shorter ones, from my humble beginnings to my Iron Man adventures, it's been an amazing ride.

So, forgive me for the long introduction, I get a bit carried away when I talk about this sport. 

The theme over at CASology is STRENGHT and, when I saw it, the only thing I could think of that, for me, represents this word is Triathlon.

So here's my card, hope you like it.



The words are die cut with an Alphabet die set.
The sentiment was typed, printed and cut, the M with the dot is the logo of the sport.
The number represents the total distance of the race.
Believe me, what is says is true, you smile because you are feeling simply awesome.
The papers are from my stash.

This is the INSIDE.


The sentiments inside are from a Power Poppy set called "Orichids"

I want to play with these challenges.

I realize a bit to late that this card is not CAS so, if you need to remove it
from the challenge, it's ok. I apologize.


Thank you for stopping by today.
I sure love reading your comments, thank you.

Stay healthy and safe.
XO
Maria.





5 comments:

Sonny Peterson said...

How impressive is this card ! Just as your achievements have been .
Love your card ! Thank you for giving all the details of the requirements . FASCINATING ! Yay you !!

Patti Willey said...

This story of your commitment to compete is incredible! What drive you have! Fearless you are! fearless!

Leslie Miller said...

Maria, we've talked about your Iron Man achievements before and it's always mind boggling, but hearing it again today just somehow kind of chokes me up. I'm so proud of you! Your card represents the sport perfectly and the sketch worked out great. The inside sentiments are some of my favorites. Loved your whole post and want to thank you for sharing. Hugs, dear friend!

Debbie said...

I admire you for your physical and mental strength to compete in triathlons! That's awesome!
Your card is wonderful!!
Thanks for playing along this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches
Debbie - TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Very nice card and what a great way to encourage your athletes! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.