Followers

Saturday, April 25, 2015

A new challenge on LiveLoveCards.....Rainbows!!

Hello every one and thank you for visiting: I'm participating in the April Rainbow Challenge over at LiveLoveCards which is the blog of a dear friend, Darlene De Vries, who is one of the most talented crafters I know. Her blog is dedicated to exploring new techniques and products from all kinds of companies, giving us who follow her, a fantastic glimpse of what's new and hot out there in the vast and fabulous card making industry.
This acrylic stamp/die I used is from Sizzix and it's called Welcome Home , I bought it at Hobby Lobby at a clearance sale for very little money, I'm always looking for bargains!!
Ok, here is my card,
I colored the little houses with Prismacolor pencils and baby oil, I've done other cards using this technique, it's fun and easy to do. You do need some paper stumps, I get mine also at Hobby Lobby.
I created the "grass" by tearing some scraps of olive green card stock and then, sponging them a little with SU Mossy Meadow ink pad.
The Rainbow was made with a die set from a Spellbinders circles, I really wanted to represent every color of the rainbow so the last color was snipped after I traced the outline of the last small circle in this set.  I added some Wink of Stella to the Rainbow to make it shimmer, here is a close up.
I hope you like this card, I sure had fun making it. I thank you so much for visiting and leaving me a comment, I read every single one and they always make my day. If you have any questions about this card, please don't hesitate to ask, I will answer you the best way I can.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs from Maria.

9 comments:

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Dear friends: In my heist about posting this card before the due date for this challenge, I totally forgot to mention that, LiveLoveCards blog charges a super small subscription fee of $2.50 a month or, if you prefer, you can save 10% and join yearly for only $27.00. Darlene's videos are incredible, she is a fabulous and talented artist and her blog is one of the most enjoyable you'll ever see.
So thank you for visiting and I truly hope you hop over Darlene's blog to enjoy and learn from her.

She's A Busy Girl said...

Maria I love the little scene you've created on your card! The houses are so cute and your sparkly rainbow is just magical!

Sarah said...

great use of the circle dies, i would have never thought of that!

Caly Person said...

Your card is beautiful, Maria! It's so involved and detailed. You've used many techniques here and it looks terrific!

Darlene DeVries said...

Maria, you are always so sweet and kind. I appreciate it so much! Thank you. I love the shimmer in your rainbow - it's such a cheerful card. You can tell how much effort and detail went into it, which will make the recipient feel so special. :)

DebiKT said...

Love that you shared your techniques for your card. Very pretty!

Mary Fish said...

Adore those sweet houses!

Brian King said...

So sweet!

Ann Schach said...

Maria...your coloring skills are fabulous! A wonderful card!!!